In an industry becoming more crowded and complex every single day, it’s important to look back at the accomplishments of brewers all fighting to stand out in a beer category that now includes nearly 5,000 companies. To recognize the achievements of some of these companies, Brewbound acknowledged the following recipients in the areas of philanthropy, marketing, collaboration, production innovation and overall business success.
Winners of the 2016 Brewbound Awards were named during the Brewbound Session business conference, which took place on December 1, 2016 in San Diego, CA. They winners are:
- Cause of the Year: Left Hand Brewing Co.’s “Left Hand Cycling”
- Marketing Initiative of the Year: Hopworks Urban Brewery + Patagonia Provisions collaboration
- Beer Launch of the Year: Firestone Walker’s Luponic Distortion
- Collaboration of the Year: Off Color Brewing & MillerCoors
- Breakout Brewery of the Year: Founders Brewing Co.
- Craft Brewery of the Year: Brooklyn Brewery
- Large Brewery of the Year: MillerCoors
- Person of the Year: Carlos Brito, CEO, Anheuser-Busch InBev
Published by BevNET.com Inc., Brewbound is a leading industry trade publication providing comprehensive information about the beer space, analysis of industry trends and in-depth interviews with industry leaders. In addition to providing daily news, Brewbound also gathers entrepreneurs and executives to exchange ideas, discuss the state of the industry and hear strategies for succeeding in the alcohol beverage segment via a series of nationwide meetups and full-day business conferences.