GLENDALE, WI – Proving once again that exceptional craft beers come not only from Wisconsin but from Milwaukee’s original microbrewery, Sprecher Brewing Company took nine (9) awards at the 2013 Los Angeles International Commercial Beer competition. The award total includes one gold, three silver, and three bronze medals; as well as two honorable mentions.
This blind-tasting competition is organized and run by Fairplex (formerly the L.A. County Fairgrounds); it is registered with the Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP) and the Brewers Association. All beers submitted must be available for sale to the general public.
- Commando, Wood- and Barrel-Aged Strong Brew
- Black Bavarian, German-style Schwarzbier
- Mai Bock, Bock
- Firelight*, English-Style Summer Ale
- Czar Brew, Wood- and Barrel- Aged Strong Stout
- Dopple Bock, German-Style Doppelbock or Eisbock
- Irish Stout, Classic Irish-Style Dry Stout
- Abbey Triple, Belgian-Style Abbey Triple
- Shakparo*, Gluten-Free Beer
N.b. Beers with an * after their name are from Sprecher’s subsidiary, Chameleon Brewing Company.
Maker of award-winning beers and gourmet sodas, Sprecher Brewing Company is Milwaukee’s first brewery since Prohibition. Established in 1985, Sprecher remains a leader in Wisconsin’s craft brewing industry.
Sprecher Brewing Company is located at 701 W. Glendale Ave, Glendale, WI, 53209. Visit our Gift Shop, join us for a tour and sampling, or visit us on the web: www.sprecherbrewery.com.