ALEXANDRIA, VA — The National Beer Wholesalers Association (NBWA) and the Brewers Association (BA) are pleased to announce the nominees for the Fifth Annual Craft Beer Distributor of the Year Award. The award recognizes an American beer distributor who goes above and beyond in their efforts to market, sell and promote craft beers.
The winner of the Craft Beer Distributor of the Year Award will be announced October 1, 2011, at the Great American Beer Festival, hosted by the BA, in Denver, Colorado. In addition to the overall Craft Beer Distributor of the Year Award, a Craft Beer Achievement Award and Craft Beer Distributor Recognition Award will also be presented.
The nominees for this year’s award include:
- Crest Beverage Co. — San Diego, CA
- Euclid Beverage — North Aurora, IL
- Gretz Beer Co. — Norristown, PA
- Harris Inc. — Durham, NC
- J.J. Taylor Distributing — Tampa, FL
- Oak Beverages Inc. — Blauvelt, NY
- Pepin Distributing Co. — Tampa, FL
- Powers Distributing Co., International Beverage Company — Orion, MI
- Shore Point Distributing Co. — Freehold, NJ
- Town & Country Distributors — Itasca, IL
“Beer distributors take great pride in serving as the vehicle to market for craft beer brands and providing choice and variety to the consumer,” said NBWA President Craig Purser. “Each of these nominees sees the value of the craft beer segment to the success of their business and has demonstrated exemplary efforts to promote craft beer.”
“As the craft beer segment continues to grow and thrive, independent beer distributors are integral to its success,” added BA President Charlie Papazian. “Distributors are key to successfully introducing new beer brands and innovative beer styles to markets across the country.”