Sonoma County, CA – Are you officially done with your holiday beers? If so, here’s one to start your year off with. This January, Bear Republic Brewing Company’s seasonal, Apex™, is coming back in a big hoppy way. A seasonal release for the second year in a row, it is one of our most sought after offerings and a new fan favorite.
Brewmaster/COO Richard “Ricardo” Norgrove states, “Apex™ is an ever-changing beer. Each year the hop profiles change, based upon new hops and offerings. Join me as I search for the perfect apex.”
Apex™ has received remarkable praise in the beer community throughout the last year. Beer drinkers have been vocal and have given Apex™ a rating of 99 on Ratebeer, a 94 on Beer Advocate, and a 4-star rating on Untappd.
Norgrove adds, “This year’s release highlights new hop varieties, Azacca and Lemondrop, giving it a very enjoyable tropical and citrusy aroma.”
You can find Apex™ locally at our brewpub in Healdsburg, CA beginning Monday, January 5. Outside shipments also begin Monday.
To find out where you can find Apex™ near you, visit www.bearrepublic.com/bear-tracker.
About the Beer:
- Notable Awards: Apex™ won the Silver Medal at the 2006 Great American Beer Festival® in the American-Style India Pale Ale Category.
- Description: Apex: The highest point, the culmination or climax. In racing, the apex of the turn is approached differently as conditions dictate, but always with a forward looking mindset. This beer is the culmination of years of brewing and drinking hop-forward IPAs. We reserve the right to move forward, to advance the style to the next Apex.
- Pairing Suggestions: Spicy Dishes, Savory Dishes, Beef, Poultry & Pork Dishes, Hard Cheeses, Aged Cheeses & Sheep’s Milk
- Availability: Limited 22 oz. bottles and draft, beginning in January
- Hops: Cascade, Columbus, Centennial, Chinook, Simcoe, Citra, El Dorado, Azacca, Lemondrop
- ABV: 8.25% – IBUs: 100+ – American IPA