Kailua-Kona, HI – Kona Brewing has announced it will be bringing Koko Brown Ale to market, the first new beer available on the mainland from the brewer since 2007, and the third launch in Kona Brewing’s Aloha Series.
Koko Brown Ale’s nutty aroma and flavor comes from real toasted coconut brewed into each batch. It was first tapped at Kona’s Kailua-Kona pub in the summer of 2009 under the name Coco Loco.
Brewmaster Rich Tucciarone lists Koko Brown’s best food pairings as those with coconutty and caramelly ingredients, such as Thai curries, coconut rice, caramelized roast turkey and chocolate dipped macaroons, as well as aged cheeses, barbecued meats and carne asada.
Koko Brown Ale will be available in west coast markets February 21 through May 1, 2011.
Dried, toasted coconut is added to the mash resulting in a pleasant nutty aroma and flavor.
• Deep amber with rich mahogany hues. Distinctive and pronounced toasted coconut aroma. Toffee and nutty coconut flavor is complemented by the mildly roasty Victory and Munich malts.
• Malt: Premium 2-Row, Victory, Carapils, Munich, Chocolate
• Hops: Cascade, Willamette, Warrior, Millennium
• Original Gravity (OG): 13.3 P
• Alcohol by Volume: 5.5%
• IBU: 28
• Extras: toasted coconut chips.