DENVER, Colo. — Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project is excited to announce Persica Day, centered around the brewery’s yearly release of Persica, their most coveted Golden Sour Ale aged with local Palisade Peaches. The brewery’s first rendition of Persia was released in 2011 and continues to be released nearly every year at the Crooked Stave taproom. For 2018, Persica Day and the Stone Fruit Harvest Weekend will focus on Colorado’s wonderful local peaches and various stone fruit.
“Primary fermented with our mixed culture of wild yeast and bacteria, Persica further ages in large oak foeders with Palisade Peaches. We are especially excited about our Harvest 2017 peaches that were used in our upcoming release since they are the exact same varieties and blend as we first used in 2011,” states Chad Yakobson, Crooked Stave Owner and Brewmaster. “We are always striving to recreate that first perfect batch, and this year may just be the year.”
Persica Day and Stone Fruit Harvest Weekend will begin on June 2nd, 2018 at the Crooked Stave tasting room on Brighton Blvd. The weekend-long festivities will be a celebration of all things stone fruit including peach, apricot, and plum taking over all 22 tap lines with delicious vintage and barrel-aged beers from the Crooked Stave Barrel Cellar.
The Crooked Stave taproom event “Persica Day & Stone Fruit Harvest Weekend” will be the official release of Persica Harvest 2017. Beer release festivities will be starting at 12:00 pm MST at the 3350 Brighton Blvd Taproom, event details include:
- First 10 oz. pour of Persica Harvest 2017 includes a custom Persica glass to keep ($15)
- Additional pours of all stone fruit sours are $6/10 oz.
- 2017 Persica Release, 750ml cork and cage bottles ($28) and 1.5 L Magnum ($70)
- Variety of vintage Persica bottles and draught available
- Magnums of over 30 different brands available for sale
- 22 tap lines featuring vintage and new releases of Crooked Stave stone fruit sours
- Persica 2015, Persica 2016, Persica 2017, Surette Reserva Palisade Peach 2016, Vieille Reserva Prunus Armeniaca, Colorado Reserva Green Bartlett Pear, Batch #50 with other varieties to be announced…leading up to the festival
- Von Pilsner, IPA, Colorado WildSage, St. Bretta and Sour Rosé available in cans for onsite consumption ($3)
About Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project
Founded in Denver, CO in late 2010 as an artisan beer project, Crooked Stave is the culmination of brewmaster and “Brettanomyces Guru” Chad Yakobson’s open source Master’s research, The Brettanomyces Project. Crooked Stave’s progressive approach to brewing blends science and art through creativity and passion. The resulting creations, most of which use Brettanomyces yeasts and mature in oak, are beers of extraordinary complexity.