Calling all new brewery owners! This is your LAST CHANCE to apply for the Startup Brewery Challenge, Brewbound’s business pitch competition taking place during the full-day Brewbound Session business conference on June 11 in Chicago.
Presented by Craft Brew Alliance, the Startup Brewery Challenge gives U.S. craft breweries who have been on the market for less than two years a chance to show off their business plans, sample one core product offering and receive immediate feedback from a panel of expert judges.
Competing for the chance to become the Widmer “Brother for a Day,” the winning company will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to Portland, Ore. and the opportunity to craft a new collaboration beer with Widmer Brothers Brewing. Winners will also take an extensive tour of the company’s production brewery, participate in Widmer Brothers’ daily taste panel and receive business coaching from CBA executives as well as sales, marketing, graphics, quality assurance and packaging department leaders.
Participating entrepreneurs will be given three minutes to explain their business proposition and will also be allowed to visually showcase their brands with Powerpoint slides. Suggested talking points include:
- Why you launched your craft brewery
- Company mission statement
- Strategies (branding, packaging, distribution, retail)
- Sample Product Description
- Beer Companies that brewed/delivered their first commercial beer on/after May 2013
- Company must be based in the U.S.
- Must be able to provide samples of one beer style and it must be packaged in a bottle, can or growler (no draft).
- Must be registered for Brewbound Session Chicago 2015.
Questions? Contact Jon Landis at email@example.com or 617-231-8834.