San Diego 2016
Six breweries will be chosen to pitch their company to a panel of expert judges on the Brewbound Session stage. The brewers will have four minutes to deliver their pitch, followed by a three minute Q&A with the judges. Participants will provide two different beers, one to be consumed prior to the competition and one during, that the judges will evaluate. The Startup Brewery Challenge application deadline is Friday, November 18.
Showcase Your Brewery at Brewbound Session
Category Manager - Beer, BevMo!
Senior Manager of Emerging Business, Craft Brew Alliance
Co-Founder, Pints LLC
Innovation Brewmaster, Craft Brew Alliance
Co-Founder, Hopewell Brewing Company
Presented by Craft Brew Alliance, this year’s Startup Brewery Challenge winner will receive:
- $5,000 to be used to fuel the growth of their emerging business.
- An all-expenses-paid trip to Portland, Ore. to meet with and learn from Craft Brew Alliance executives, take an extensive tour of the company's production brewery, participate in Widmer Brothers' daily taste panel and receive business coaching from the CBA team.
- Free entry into the Summer 2017 Brewbound Session.
- One-on-one strategy consulting sessions with former Startup Brewery Challenge judge, brand strategist, and Good Beer Hunting founder Michael Kiser.
- Winners will also be featured in Brewbound’s “Learning Curve” documentary series, which follows Startup Brewery Challenge participants on their entrepreneurial adventures.
Beer companies that meet the following criteria will be considered:
- Beer Companies that brewed/delivered their first commercial beer on/after December 2014
- Company must be based in the U.S.
- Must be able to provide samples of one or more beer styles and it must be packaged in a bottle, can or growler (no draft).
- Must be registered for Brewbound Session San Diego 2016.
The Brewbound Startup Brewery Challenge, sponsored by Craft Brew Alliance, gives new beer company owners a chance to pitch their brands and sample one core beer to a panel of expert judges.