Press Pass Policy Overview
Applicants for press/media registration must show employment by or assignment for a publication or program that is previously established, independent and regularly updated with original industry-related news, or who are working on a story about the industry for a legitimate news operation.
Media accreditation is reserved for working members of the press who are attending specifically to cover the event.
Important: Please note that if you receive a press pass (or have in the past) and do not provide coverage of the event or properly source the event for relevant stories, you may not be granted a press pass at future events.
Along with filling out the following form, please provide the appropriate credentials (see below). Links can be included in the message field, or you can e-mail these credentials to email@example.com.
What are accepted forms of credentials?
Print / Online Media
- Masthead from a current publication listing you as an editorial contributor.
- At least two recent articles (or links) with your byline.
- Letter from the editor/producer on station/network letterhead or from a company email address that states you are covering the event on assignment.
- Government-issued or media outlet press ID.
- A news outlet webpage listing you as news staff (news director, editor, producer, reporter, anchor).
- Business card from your media outlet reflecting your editorial role.
What are ineligible forms of verification for press badges?
- Freelance or sponsored articles written about your company.
- YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram sites, personal blogs, forums and users groups.
- Photographers and videographers commissioned by sponsors or speakers.
- General managers, account representatives, sales executives, PR/marketing and non-editorial media professionals.
- Anyone whose principal purpose for attending the event is, in our judgment, for reasons other than covering it as working news media.