Half Moon Bay, Calif. — Half Moon Bay Brewing Company, a popular destination on the Coastside known for its award-winning, house-brewed beer, sustainable seafood, live music and scenic outdoor patio fire pit, welcomes the winter season with a slew of exciting events and initiatives including a special Thanksgiving Dinner, new Crab Grab-to-Go, Funky Sweater & Scotch Ale Winter Ale Release Party, and Family-Friendly New Year’s Eve, not to mention a new custom beer catering trailer and seasonal beer offerings.
Since his arrival at Half Moon Bay Brewing Company in 2013, Brewmaster James Costa has crafted award-winning beers. This winter will see the release of his most flavorful brews yet:
- Full Swing IPA: With aromas of tropical fruit and a crisp finish, this new IPA was created for the IPA fanatic. Now available in 22 oz. bottles, this special edition IPA is made from Mosaic, Simcoe, Citra, Galaxy, and Magnum hops. ABV 6.6% & 80 IBUs
- Sneaky Peat Winter Scotch Ale will be available at Half Moon Bay Brewing Company in early December. The Scotch Ale is a big malty winter warmer brewed with peated (smoked) malt. With a dark mahogany color and full body, this beer displays flavors of caramel and roasted malt with a lingering hint of smoke on the back end. ABV 8.3% & 29.6 IBUs
- Double Bore XXIPA: This muscular big brother of the Full Swing IPA packs a punch of hop aroma and bitterness for the unsuspecting punter. Some of the best hops throughout the world were used to produce this XXIPA: Citra, Galaxy, Amarillo, and Simcoe plus two dry hop additions all combine to produce a staggering 139 IBU hop monster. With a strong backbone of 2-Row malt balanced with Vienna and Crystal 45, the stage is set for the hops to shine with just enough maltiness to let this beer move easily across the pallet. ABV 8.2% & 139 IBUs
- Tequila Barrel Aged Three Pigs Belgian-Style Tripel: The name “Tripel” in this particular beer actually stems from part of the brewing process, in which brewers use up to three times the amount of malt than a standard Trappist “Simple.” The Tripel starts off slightly sweet with added complexity from Belgian candy sugar and is balanced with a slight herbal grassiness from Styrian Aurora and Savjinsky Golding hops with hints of pear, pineapple and bubblegum from the Belgian style yeast. Aged in Tequila barrels, it finishes dry and clean with a nice hint of alcohol from the high ABV. ABV 9.2% 24 IBUs
- Woodford Reserve Barrel Aged Imperial Pumpkin Ale: Brewed with 35 lbs. of fresh Half Moon Bay Sugar Pie pumpkins and over 36 lbs. of pumpkin puree, this is pumpkin beer with a kick. Well spiced, rich and malty, and at over 10% alcohol, this ale is aged in Woodford barrels. ABV 10.8% & 52 IBUs
About Half Moon Bay Brewing Company:
Selected by Coastal Living magazine as one of America’s Best Coastal Breweries, Men’s Fitness as one of America’s Top Ten Craft Breweries and Travel + Leisure magazine as one of America’s Best Beach Bars, the Half Moon Bay Brewing Company is situated on picturesque Pillar Point Harbor overlooking the Marina in Half Moon Bay. The Brewing Company expertly pairs a family-friendly, come-as-you-are atmosphere with a winning combination of fresh, sustainable seafood, craft beers, live music and an expansive, dog-friendly patio area with blazing fire pits to keep patrons warm on the waterfront. The Brewing Company is a casual coastal venue that has become an institution in the Half Moon Bay area for locals and visitors alike since opening in 2000. With its warm, wood-toned interior, expansive windows to the ocean, and walls dotted with surf memorabilia, the 6,000-square-foot restaurant and bar is reminiscent of a typical California surf shack. Behind the restaurant lie the 1,200 square-foot Mavericks Beer Garden and on-site brewery, where hand-crafted, award-winning Beers & Ales are piped directly to the bar. The Amber Ale won a bronze medal in the 2012 World Beer Cup, and the Ocho Barril Saison won Best in Show for session beers and the gold medal in the Wood/Smoke Ale category at the California State Fair in June 2013.
The Half Moon Bay Brewing Company is located at 390 Capistrano Road in Half Moon Bay, Calif. The hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. to close; Saturdays and Sundays, 10 a.m. to close. To book a reservation, please call 650-728- BREW (2739) or visit OpenTable.com. Additional information may be found at www.hmbbrewingco.com.
The Half Moon Bay Brewing Company also manages the neighboring Mavericks Event Center which overlooks the picturesque Pillar Point Harbor and is the ideal setting for weddings, celebrations, retreats and corporate events. Named for the famed surf break just up the beach, the Mavericks Event Center sits on a large oceanfront bluff, with an indoor ballroom that can accommodate up to 150 guests, plus a spacious outdoor deck and harbor view garden. For more information please visit www.maverickseventcenter.com.