Apply for this Job
We are looking for a Packaging Associate to join our rapidly growing Operations Team at Schilling Cider headquarters in Auburn, WA! This position is full time, on-site, and reports to the Packaging Manager. The ideal candidate is passionate about craft beverages and is excited to learn about the beverage packaging industry! Schilling Cider is committed to training all staff on the job - we value you as a person over your pre-existing skill set.
Schilling Cider has always strived to create a fun and productive workplace where every employee feels pride and community. We foster a culture of creativity and continuous improvement with many avenues of potential growth, no matter where you start. Bring your enthusiasm, personality and excitement to learn about craft beverages to Schilling Cider!
- Work on the Operations Team under the Packaging Manager
- Get trained on a variety of forklifts (sit down propane/electric and using doubler forks)
- Learn to operate equipment on our canning line
- Get trained on freight shipping and receiving
- Accountable for cleanliness and organization of Schilling Cider warehouse
- Collaborate with Cider Production Team, as needed
- Cleaning and filling kegs
- Be willing and excited to learn to use machinery and equipment
- Capable of lifting up to 35lbs periodically, as scheduled in advance
- Excited to work in a team environment
- Comfortable standing and/or sitting for extended periods
- Comfortable working in an ambient manufacturing environment
- Willingness to learn processes and be communicative and engaged with the team
- High attention to detail and self motivated to learn new skills
- Daily schedule flexibility with schedule finalized 2 weeks in advance (our standard day is 7:30am to 4:00pm)
- MUST be 21 years of age or older
- MUST be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have your second dose appointment scheduled
- Mechanical skills not required but highly desirable
- $20 per hour
- Health Insurance (includes Vision and Dental)
- Retirement Matching
- Take home hard cider
- Annual hobby stipend (fun money!)
- Branded gear
- Workwear stipend
- Monday through Friday scheduling
- Stocked company kitchen
- Monthly company events
- Company book club
- Free EV charging on site
About Schilling Cider
Schilling Cider was founded in a garage in 2012. And while the glycol chiller that we run today couldn't even fit in that garage, the same spirit for making bold, flavor forward ciders and always figuring out how to do it better lives on today. Schilling Cider is the second largest cider producer in the US thanks to the team of people who work across the company. That growth has been enabled with the installation of a high-speed canning line capable of 1,200 cans per minute. We're looking to add team members to help care for our equipment and improve processes. While it is no longer in a garage, the same culture and drive are there in what we do today and what we're laying the groundwork for tomorrow.
Schilling Cider exists to Craft world-class beverages to elevate life’s everyday moments. Our values guide the work we do every day and help us create an engaging, fun, and rewarding workplace.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact us to discuss.