Brewery Sales Rep
New TX-based Brewery with a celebrity founder
Apply for this Job
FL101 – Who we are
FL101 is on a mission to encourage the pursuit of greatness, raising a glass to special moments along the way. Headquartered in Austin, we are a celebrity-founded, Texas-bred lifestyle brand built for the “early risers” out there – those dedicated to bettering their lives through exercising religiously, consuming choicefully, staying mentally fit, and living purposeful lives. The FL101 team is a group of no-nonsense, no ego go-getters. Like our founder, we wake up every day excited to build a first-class company in the world’s most competitive category.
We are currently hiring sales reps for our Austin, DFW, Houston, and San Antonio markets.
Brand Sales Representative – What you bring to the team
As a Brand Sales Representative, you will be a crucial component in representing and growing the brand. You will spend time in the retail market increasing brand visibility by executing first-in-class merchandising programs and cultivating strong relationships with our most important retail customers. Your primary functions will be calling on buying and non-buying retail accounts to gain distribution, identify and sell-in display opportunities and execute marketing and POS programming throughout your assigned geographic area. Your responsibilities will also include sampling (indoor/outdoor in various weather conditions) at local opportunities and executing quality product demos at key retail accounts. While this position is based within your assigned territory, you are expected to travel outside of it on occasion, depending on business need.
The Job – What we count on you for
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with key retailers, both On & Off-Premise, within assigned geographic area.
- Assume a leadership role in implementing key brand initiatives with retailers within assigned geographic area.
- Creating authentic connections within the community and our targeted core demographic on behalf of our brand.
- Conduct in-field work with sessions with distributor representatives.
- Execute retailer staff training on our brand, our value proposition and what separates our brand from the competition so that retailers are fully prepared to present our brand to consumers.
- Ensure that our brands quality standards are clearly understood and enforced by distributors and retailers.
- Use data systems to identify opportunities for new or expanded distribution, lost sales, incremental volume increases, and other business insights.
- Ensure proper use of available legal point of sale items throughout territory
- Represent our brand at selected festivals and events.
- Review and understand all legal restrictions regarding our brand in each market and ensure all initiatives are executed within those limitations.
- Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules, as weekend and extended workdays are necessary.
- Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
The basics – What we expect you to bring to the table
- Demonstrated knowledge of the three-tier system
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors, top level account decision makers, and all internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work independently with little supervision – self motivated
- High level of beer product knowledge
- Excellent oral, analytical, written, and group presentation communication skills
- Strong organizational & planning skills
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or military equivalent.
- Two years of industry experience selling within beverage industry.
- Strong knowledge of the local market for beer
- In depth knowledge of, and direct experience in, the beer scene in this geography.
The perks – Benefits of working at FL101
At FL101, we take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We make beer after all. Our mission is to support those that are constantly striving to improve, and making sure they have a cold, refreshing beer to celebrate the wins – big and little - along the way. We live those values ourselves, encouraging each other to live healthy lifestyles, challenging ourselves to consistently seek improvement, and striving to balance work, self, and family.
We’re a young, scrappy new brand here to disrupt a category that’s been taking its drinkers for granted for far too long. While we may not have a huge infrastructure, we also don’t have the accompanying bureaucracy. At FL101, you will have ownership of your work and meaningfully shape the course of our growth.
Diversity matters – We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At FL101, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The FL101 team believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Physical & Environmental Work Requirements–
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performance duties of this job include regularly being required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Must be able to participate in critical assessment of beers.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust Focus.
- The ability to travel to various industry events via car or airplane is required.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Travel is required.