No Label Brewing Co.
Apply for this Job
No Label Brewing Company, located in Katy, Texas (West Houston) is seeking an Assistant Brewer to join our team. We operate a 15 bbl brewhouse and produce more than 5000 bbls per year and our beers are distributed throughout the state. This is a salaried position. The ideal candidate will be hardworking, mechanically inclined, and of course passionate about beer and beer quality.
- 1 year of brewing operations experience in a commercial brewery - preferred
- Formal brewing education, training, certifications, or accreditation are a plus.
- A thorough knowledge of brewing process.
- Proficient in Microsoft software - especially Excel spreadsheets.
- Skills applicable to general maintenance functions, including mechanical, and electrical are a plus.
- The ability to operate a forklift and scissor lift; current training certification is a plus.
- The ability to understand basic laboratory techniques and complete basic lab tests.
- The ability to work flexible hours, including evenings/nights and occasional weekends.
- The ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision in a collaborative and dynamic environment, while efficiently prioritizing tasks and effectively managing workload.
- The ability to work as a team member.
- Possess acute sensory abilities to ensure beer quality.
- Assist team in producing a high volume of packaged/filled beer while maintaining a safe and efficient working environment, following all scheduling, and required volumes per Head Brewer.
- Ensure daily brewery activities are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain the integrity and “true to brand” profile of all our No Label Beers.
Brewery Working Environment
The demands of the Assistant Brewer position are very physical in nature. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job you will be working over, under, and around machinery in tight and cramped spaces.
A good candidate will also need to be able to lift and/or move up to 160 pounds, be able to twist and turn repeatedly, be able to reach over their shoulders, and work in a standing, kneeling, walking, and crouching position at a steady pace for extended periods of time. The candidate must be comfortable working at heights of 10+ feet, while standing on a ladder or on a scissor lift. The candidate must be able to safely handle hazardous chemicals. This work environment involves indoor and outdoor activities in various temperatures and weather conditions. Employees are exposed to high levels of noise and other hazards requiring the use of personal protective equipment. Adherence to company policies is a must.
We offer salary commensurate with experience and education. We're looking to hire people who are serious about beer - without taking themselves too seriously. The ability to adapt to change, operate independently, work hard with a team-oriented mindset, and learn fast is a must. We offer health insurance and paid vacation. We also encourage regular participation within the brewing industry's local community, to include Texas Craft Brewer's guild activities, MBAA meetings, and other events.