By the Horns Brewing - Local Favorite Restaurant
Apply for Job
By The Horns Brewing Company seeks a self-motivated, hard-working, creative brewer to help us start our 15 bbl brewery/brew pub. The brewer will be Self motivated . She/he/they will be key players in recipe innovation, brewing, cellaring and cleaning. The brewer will follow Industry standard operating procedures and recipe development as helping us to create in house standards and procedures for “By The Horns Brewing Company”. The brewer will contribute to a healthy company culture maintained by a positive attitude, inclusion, professionalism. We are looking for a Brewer who will have fun to build his/her/their own little reputation.
- Maintain all quality standards set for the production of wort all the way through finished production for all styles of beer.
- Must feel comfortable multi-tasking, while keeping a high degree of attention to detail.
- Fermentation vessel CIP and sanitation.
- Operate mill and grain handling effectively .
- The ability to carry out all wort production from mill in to knock out.
- Brew house vessel CIP and other scheduled cleaning/ maintenance.
- Pitching yeast from a brink or cone to cone as necessary.
- Communicate well with and help out fellow team members of other areas in any way necessary.
- Troubleshoot equipment and quality issues.
- Ability to keep accurate records throughout the shift and report productions to state and government standards for filing.
- Cleaning and maintaining fermentation and finishing vessels according to industry standards.
- Record keeping of transfer yields, treatments, or other procedures.
- Daily monitoring of fermentation and adjust fermentation vessel temperatures as needed.
- Application of traditional and modern craft beer productions (dry hoping etc).
- Monitor and correct the carbonation of beer prior to packaging and bright tank serving.
- Operate cellar equipment.
- Assemble and break down appropriate hose and part configuration depending on process.
- Cleaning and maintaining cellar equipment such pumps and carbonation stones etc.
- Maintenance, filling, and emptying of barrels.
- Handling all other necessary requirement and steps in a brew pub setting.
- Inventory monitoring and ordering with vendors.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities.
- Transferring of beer via hard and soft piping to finishing vessels.
- Advance knowledge of the brewing process.
- 4+ years of hands-on brewing experience in a production environment.
- Excellent communication, time management, troubleshooting and organizational skills.
- Extreme attention to detail, commitment to quality and hard work.
- Ability to work varied events and tours of our brewery.
- Lead by example.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational environment . Required to frequently lift up to 55lbs to shoulder height and push or pull 165lbs pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls. Must be able to work in a safe and responsible manner with chemicals and hot liquids.