Brewer and Packaging Line Operator
Apply for this Job
Blackhorse Brewery is growing and and looking for experienced brewers and packaging line operators to join our team. The Brewer and Packaging Line Operator will manage their respective areas and coach team members on best practices and SOPs. These positions report to the Brewery Manager.
Responsible for all brewery functions including brewing, cellaring, packaging, and maintenance of equipment through the implementation and management of quality standards, sanitation and cleanliness, training, and coaching of employees.
Brewer/Packaging Line Operator Activities and Responsibilities
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the standards and goals of the brewery.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for equipment, floors, storage areas, and other areas associated with the brewery.
- Check the quality of each product to ensure that standards are met.
- Control raw cost and usage by proper handling of products, adherence to recipes, and waste control procedures.
- Ensure that all products are consistently produced according to the brewery’s recipes and/or standards.
- Yeast handling, including cell counts, pitching, and cropping yeast.
- Monitor fermentation including routine analysis of in-process beer.
- Order or requisition raw materials, equipment, or other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation and according to predetermined product specifications.
- Ensure that deliveries are performed in accordance with receiving policies and procedures.
- Assist in developing production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of products.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, or work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes, considering such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and market trends.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following an established preventative maintenance program.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports, and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure efficient operations.
- Attend all scheduled meetings and offer suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Additional duties may be assigned, as necessary.
- Strong communication skills
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be internally motivated and detail oriented.
- Demonstrate time management and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to continually lift/move materials and/or product up to 65 pounds or more.
- Strong problem-solving and mechanical skills; high degree of attention to detail
- 2+ years of experience in a brewery.
- Demonstrated understanding of the brewing process.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to adapt in a changing environment
- A passion for craft beer.
- Experience with a Wild Goose Canning Line a plus for packaging operator