Senior Accounting Manager // Assistant Controller
Apply for this Job
Wings&Arrow,LLC, the parent company of rapidly growing Ashland Hard Seltzer and Villager Spirits, is looking for a new senior accounting manager/assistant controller to join our accounting and finance team. We are seeking someone who can thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and has a strong interest in the beverage industry. Responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with budget and close processes, conducting internal audits, and maintaining accounts receivable and payable documentation. You will be reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). To be successful in this role you should be able to accurately maintain a general ledger, be proficient in Quickbooks and inventory/cost accounting and ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). An outstanding accountant should also have excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
Senior Accounting Manager Responsibilities:
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, and treasury and conducting internal audits.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Assisting the CFO and other senior management with reports and analyses, as requested.
Senior Accounting Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- 5+ years of accounting experience, prior experience in food and/or beverage preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented