Apply for this Job
We are searching for a driven, experienced, and entrepreneurial Packaging Manager to run our canning and kegging operation in Gig Harbor, WA. Cider experience is not required, but beverage packaging is.
The Packaging Manager will oversee all canning and kegging operations, manage the packaging team, and will be hands on regularly. Ensuring high quality, high efficiency, and a rewarding work environment are the key goals for this role.
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure continuous and quality operation of all packaging equipment on a daily basis.
- Be able to be hands on as an operator in any part of the packaging process, and step in to fill in as needed
- Continuously improve, maintain, and perform canning and kegging SOPs
- Continuously improve and maintain quality standards, and perform regular quality checks
- Communicate at a high level the packaging throughput, downtime, maintenance needs and issues
- Optimize canning and kegging yield
- Check and adjust can seaming, utilize 3rd party resources in support
- Troubleshoot and solve basic equipment issues, coordinate bigger fixes and needs with 3rd party technical support
- Work closely with the Head Cidermaker to coordinate production plans and collaborate on quality control
- Work with Sales to communicate production plans, and changes as they occur, to result in high order fulfillment
- Continuously improve, maintain, and perform equipment preventative maintenance plans
- Maintain supply of spare parts and supplies to keep the packaging equipment running at all times
- Work closely with the warehouse and facility manager to ensure very high on time in full shipping to customers
- Maintain excellent facility condition and cleanliness
- Managing inventory of packaging materials (cans, labels, etc), working with operations director
- Manage Ekos ERP data related to packaging- maintain BOMs, enter packaged quantities daily, place purchase orders
- Lead a small (2 to 5 people) team of packaging operators, ensuring a rewarding and welcoming work environment
QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years experience in a cidery, brewery, or other beverage packaging position as a tech, operator, or manager, with specific experience in canning
- Experience managing or leading people
- Experience with automation equipment and/or canning equipment
- Mechanical aptitude, ability to understand and troubleshoot basic mechanical issues.
- Works well in a small team environment
- Responsible attitude around alcohol
- Able to lift and move a keg short distances
- Physically able to work in a variety of environments (hot, cold, indoor/out)
- Fits with company values
- Passion for Quality
- Continuous Improvement
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities.