Market Development Manager - SC
Highland Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Highland Brewing Company, an independent and family owned industry-leading craft brewery, based in Asheville North Carolina, is seeking a Market Development Manager to lead our efforts in the state of South Carolina
Some Quick Facts about Highland Brewing
- Quality beer – always
- Proudly regional - we distribute only in the Southeast
- Pioneers - First legal brewery in Asheville since Prohibition
- Largest native NC brewer
- We honor features of the Southern Appalachian landscape with seasonal beer names, a hike, and a fund-raising release party for each seasonal beer – all in partnership with the Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy
- Donations to over 100 charities annually
- 3rd largest craft brewing solar array in the US
Our largest effort was our solar array. Under peak conditions the system can create up to 324 kW DC - more power than we can use on sunny days. The expansive roof is now about half covered by panels and is in full view from the rooftop bar.
- Beautiful 16-foot white oak bar tops in the Event Center were harvested from our property.
- 6th largest solar array of all independent, craft breweries in the USA
- 22nd largest brewery solar array in the world
Market Development Manager – South Carolina
Reports to Sales Director
We Cultivate and Celebrate the experience of beer, business, people, and place.
To be the leader in crafting connections through beer and beyond.
This position is responsible for market growth in the state of South Carolina by managing our Distributor Partners and working to execute our Annual Business Plan in each market to achieve volume and distribution goals by delivering against assigned metrics including ad display execution, incentives, thematic promotions, and in-market partnerships and special events.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops, builds, and strengthens internal and external relationships
- Implements strategy and tactics to identify opportunities and develops plans to deliver volume and profitability goals in assigned geography
- Participates in development of Annual Business Plan and ensures progress against goals through concise and consistent communication with Distributor Partners including Monthly Updates and Quarterly Business Reviews
- Provides detailed follow up for all in-market activities including ad display execution, Distributor work-withs, channel focus, pricing surveys, quality audits, and promotions/special events
- Managing inventory to ensure that Highland’s beers are fresh and in proper rotation and executing seasonal transitions on our timeline
- Composure, flexibility, and adaptability are keys to excelling in a fast, challenging, and fun environment
- Champion for Highland’s world-class beer portfolio and our charitable and environmental programs
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of three years working with or managing Distributors in the beverage alcohol industry
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- VIP/Karma Notes/Encompass or similar applications
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task, attention to detail, and a driving passion for independent craft beer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized, extreme attention-to-detail
- Working knowledge of major beer styles, including origins and flavor profiles
- Willingness to travel overnight is required (30-40%%)