Apply for this Job
Who we are
We are a business thriving through innovation; We strive to be the best and are always willing to go above and beyond for our customers. We are creative problem solvers that sets goals and hold ourselves and our team members accountable to them. We have a high moral standard and do the right thing. We work together, support one another, and make others great. We consistently show strong support for a common belief, vision, and mission, while remaining loyal. And we are always seeking for smarter ways to do things better, more efficient and are willing to think outside the box to be leaders in innovation.
What’s the Job:
As Lead Brewer, you will be responsible not just for beer production and brewhouse operations, but also be part of defining the way we enjoy and appreciate craft beer. The Brewing Specialist will work with the Head Brewer and ownership to help ensure our core beer offering and new releases are of the highest quality.
What you will be Doing:
- Run a full brew day alone or with minimal assistance
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the brew-house, i.e., kegging, cleaning, canning, etc.
- Quality Control and Management – Keep daily barrel and brew records
- Select and order raw materials to be used throughout the brewing process, i.e., grain, hops, yeast, chemicals, cooperage, equipment
- Manage, monitor and maintain inventory based on recipe formulation and needs,
- Use brewery MRP system to log production
- Manage maintenance schedule of brewhouse and equipment, i.e., have familiarity with VFD pumps, heat exchangers, butterfly valve rebuilds, regulator repair, etc.
- Research and Develop new recipes to meet the market demands and trends
- Maintain safety and health standards. Be familiar with quality control standards and understand sanitation and cleaning procedures in detail.
- Availability to assist in taproom and be a positive representative of the brewery festivals and events
- Other Duties as Assigned
What are the Working Conditions:
- Flexible to work a non-conventional schedule as business needs arise (including nights, weekends and occasional travel). The ability to understand a job is done when it’s done, and not when the clock tells you happy hour is about to start
- Position requires standing for long periods of time (up to 12 hours), bending, stooping, and lifting objects, products and material that may weigh up to 170 pounds
- Routine pushing, pulling, reaching, upper body and arm rotation, arm extension, and climbing ladders
- High noise levels in/around brewing area, and in the taproom
- Willingness to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (ear plugs, gloves, boots, etc.).
What is the Schedule:
- Monday – Friday
- Day Shift
What Skills You Need:
- Professional brewing experience – 3-years minimum
- Industry experience – 5-years minimum
- A diploma or certificate in Brewing/Fermentation Science or a related field from an accredited institution is desired
- Ability to work with others and receive constructive criticism and feedback.
- Knowledge of all aspects of brewing and related equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail
- Focused problem-solver with the ability to stay calm and work under pressure and deadlines
- A strong work ethic and a desire to succeed.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Strong computer skills with intermediate Microsoft software knowledge
- $20-24 Per Hour DOE
- Vacation and Holiday Pay
- Sick Pay
- Employee Discounts
- And More...