Delivery/Cellar Duties/Sales Support
Oakland United Beerworks
Apply for this Job
DELIVERY AND LOGISTICS JOB DESCRIPTION:
Oakland United Beerworks is currently looking to fill a full-time Class C Delivery Driver position. Our Delivery Drivers deliver and rotate stock in assigned accounts in a timely, safe manner. As well as maintaining and documenting keg and packaged product inventory, candidate will train with our Brewer to perform general Cellar duties at brewery when not driving.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for safe operation of vehicle
- Deliver pre-sold beer products to accounts
- Pick up empty kegs and complete all keg tracking
- Build pallet orders for trucks
- Load empties onto trucks for return to brewery
- Assist with Canning line operation
- Assist as needed with keg washing and filling
- Equipment and facilities maintenance
- Pallet staging and preparation of delivery vehicles
- Use of Forklift and Pallet Jack and have a working knowledge of maintenance
- To be a real team member who has a courteous and respectful attitude toward customers and co-workers alike
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with the Sales Staff and Brewery Personelle.
- Maintenance of the Delivery Vehicles
- Perform and document daily and weekly safety inspection of the vehicle
- Ensure that the vehicles are clean and safe when leaving the warehouse
- Report immediately to General Manager any safety or mechanical issues.
- Ensure that all vehicles are properly maintained and serviced
- Proficiency with Ekos
- Must be able to read all invoices created by the Sales People.
- Must be able to effectively route all deliveries in the most time efficient manner possible
- Responsible for accurately scanning all kegs delivered to and picked up from our Customers
- Ensuring that all product is correctly delivered as per the invoices
- Monitoring the physical product inventory with inventory in Ekos.
- Alerting the General Manager and the Sales People in advance of any low inventory situations.
- Updating all invoices and deliveries in Ekos to ensure end of the day posting by Bookkeeping or Management.
- Customer Service Requirements
- Must be personable and able to converse about beer with our accounts
- Must have a positive attitude
- Be the face of Oakland United Beer Works with our on-sale and off-sale accounts
- The Salespeople are often the first impression of our company to our accounts. As the delivery person, you are the last impression of our company to our accounts. That last impression is hugely important.
- Must be 21 years of age
- High School Diploma
- Read and write in order to record inventory
- Fundamental math skills in order to count and interpret inventory
- Two wheeled hand truck and fork lift experience
- Valid and CLEAN Class C driver’s License
- Must have verifiable experience driving a 14 foot Box Truck
- Walking and climbing steps and stairs on frequent basis
- Two handed lifting, handling, carrying of cans and kegs on a frequent basis
- Pushing and pulling two wheeled hand truck with cases on level surfaces on a frequent basis
- Pushing and pulling pallet jacks with cases and/o barrels on level surfaces on a occasional basis
- Sustained squatting, kneeling, stooping and bending while moving product
- Able to regularly push, pull, move or lift up to 170 pounds
Oakland United Beerworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medical benefits, 50% paid by the Company are offered to all full-time employees. Compensation will be based on skills and experience.
If you think you have what it takes to join this exciting and growing company, please apply.
Submit resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org