Delivery Driver/Sales Support
Unsung Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Our Delivery/Sales Assistants are vital to our business as they act as the critical link between our customers and our products. Delivery/Sales Assistants pick up and deliver alcoholic craft beverages to accounts, collect payment, and build relationships with our retail and beverage customers while providing the highest-quality customer service possible. They also are a vital component inside the brewery regarding inventory and protocol for maintaining accurate information in our systems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create an efficient delivery route for ensuring that the most product can be delivered as quickly and as safely as possible each day.
- Maintain beer inventory and order within the cold storage.
- Help with packaging beer to kegs/cans/etc.
- Maintain open and direct line of communication with sales and operations teams to provide general knowledge and areas of opportunity.
- Pick, verify, and deliver kegs and cases of beer, of varying weights, to and from our beverage customers in a professional manner.
- Physically load and unload product weighing up to 170 lbs. throughout the day.
- Use software for invoicing and delivery accuracy.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork, invoices, pull sheets, and cash/checks within appropriate time frames.
- Represent Unsung Brewing at festivals and promotional events.
- Maintain proper lifting and safe driving practices.
- Follow all vehicle operations, safety, and accident protocol.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness and report all vehicle maintenance issues.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of craft beer and desire to learn
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for building positive relationships with customers
- Ability to communicate clearly with team on a daily, time-sensitive basis
- Ability to work in a physically demanding role
- Ability to safely operate a vehicle for extended periods of time
- Excellent work ethic with “can-do” attitude
- Ability and desire to abide by all company safety policies
- Extremely organized and reliable
- Attention to detail, time management, and ability to focus in a fast-paced work environment
- Takes initiative
- Can operation computer programs and have a command of inventory
- Ability to contribute to the team with ideas and creative thinking
- Ability to use and operate a forklift (if not certified, we can provide)
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Must have safe driving record
- Valid California driver’s license
- Minimum High school diploma or GED
- Driver is subject to indoor and outdoor environmental conditions
- Cicerone Level 1 - Certified Beer Server Certification (required within 30 days of hire)
- TIPS Certification – Training for Intervention Procedures (required within 30 days of hire)
- Customer service, beer and/or other beverage retail, warehouse, delivery driving experience
Schedule / Pay:
- Mostly weekdays with a few weekend days if needed for festivals
- 30+ hours/week gradually increasing to 40 hours/week with limited overtime
- Work hours may vary, some early mornings (5 am-6 am) necessary
- Succession planning: opportunities for sales representative, logistics manager
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.00 - $15.00 per hour
All employee's are required to be fully vaccinated and masked during work hours inside the brewery and when interacting with customers.