Quality Lab Supervisor
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Apply for Job
Get to Know UsKen Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a hand-built brewhouse and the odds stacked against him. That passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and launched a beer revolution that's in full force today. Turns out, good beer can do a lot of good, and Sierra Nevada became a cornerstone for both its innovation and its care for the Earth and its people. We’re committed to advancing a culture of inclusion and believe diversity in all its forms makes us stronger. We keep pushing boundaries, whether that’s in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or in the great outdoors.
Get to Know This Role
The Quality Supervisor is responsible for developing people and processes to uphold Sierra Nevada's Quality Vision: "Our products and services should exceed peoples' expectations. We continually strive to improve quality and consistency in our products, focus on innovation, and provide the highest levels of service." This position leads, plans, executes, and directs the daily work assignments of quality technicians and works cross-functionally within and outside of the brewery to coordinate all activities which relate to product quality. Reporting to the Quality Manager, this role is accountable for prioritizing and delivering quality results.
What You Will Do
- Trains, coaches, mentors, supports, develops, and engages team members to perform at their highest ability level
- Leads quality and seeks to protect and elevate the brand; coaches and influences others to do the same
- Fosters an environment of continuous improvement through the lens of the Sierra Nevada Vision & Values (Prioritizing quality, integrity, people, sustainability, and community)
- Responsible for the development, optimization, and improvement of analytical methodology, SOP maintenance and development, sampling/analysis schedule, calibration, and maintenance programs, etc.
- Responsible for team supervision including but not limited to: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems and ensures best safe work practices, safety policies and procedures are being implemented
- Demonstrates knowledge of core products and processes to get results and anticipates obstacles, taking action to prevent or minimize their impact
- Maintains product quality through adherence to good manufacturing practices, product specifications, and quality procedures; provides the brewery with support, training, and guidelines to ensure compliance with quality standards
- Has a relentless focus on internal customer service (brewing, packaging, etc.) and understands how to create value from the customer’s point of view to drive quality
- Assures the quality department provides reliable and impactful data by establishing superior equipment/instrumentation care and calibration, accurate and precise training/documentation, rigor and routine to technician testing and data review, and appropriate escalation
- Tactfully organizes “behind the scenes” work such as: procurement of supplies, budgeting, staffing schedules, specification database management, SPC charts and actions
Please Apply if You Have
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in science, analytical, or food related discipline required any combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved
- 3 years of production lab experience required
- Experience in brewing preferred preferred
- 1 year supervisory and/or management experience required
- Ability to learn, execute, and train on the fundamental job requirements of the quality technician
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Organized & capable of developing process control systems and routines
- A strong team perspective that places team and brewery needs above personal needs; acts as the ultimate coach for quality
- Ability to get work done through others while working autonomously on other projects
- Successfully manages, leads, or coaches the team through multiple QA and production projects
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to represent SNBCo. at the industry level with the highest level of integrity and professionalism
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices
- You must be at least 21 years of age to perform the duties of this position for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer background check.
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer