Fermentation Associate Brewer
Meati Foods Inc.
Apply for Job
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Meati Foods was founded on the principle that finding the right protein should be easy and consumers should never have to choose between health, taste, or the environment. To achieve this, Meati Foods produces its own nutrient-dense and sustainable meat alternatives that deliver the enjoyment of animal-based meat while only using a few all-natural ingredients. Meati Foods provides its products under the brand Meati; learn more at www.meati.com.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place from a nutritional, mental, and environmental perspective. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Meati Foods a lively, enjoyable, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of Meati Foods and the growing plant-based meat category.
The Fermentation Assistant will be responsible for operating all fermentation vessels under the management of the Fermentation Supervisor. This person will support all day-to-day fermentation work including CIP, SIP, media prep, and reactor prep. Additional work could include assisting in all food processing and sanitation. Work at Meati Foods is faced paced and provides an exceptional amount of hands-on experience, responsibilities, and exposure.
- Clean and maintain fermentation and media vessels according to standard operating procedure (SOP)
- Possesses the basic mechanical and technical skills to accomplish the required machine operation.
- Knowledge of production equipment, such as fermentation vessels and CIP Sanitize and Steam Sanitation (SIP) equipment.
- Assemble and break down appropriate hoses and parts configuration depending on the process.
- Correctly, accurately, and safely handle and measure chemicals and cleaning aids for CIP/SIPs.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and hygienic workspace with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards.
- Log information immediately and accurately.
- Maintain all quality standards and safety set for production at the Meati R&D facility.
- Follow SOP’s to safely handle chemicals and hoses/vessels under pressure while wearing PPE
- Complete general cleaning tasks (sweeping, scrubbing, organizing, etc.)
- Escalate problems to coworkers and management immediately
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 4 or more years of experience or equivalent related education/experience
- Experience working as a Brewers Assistant, Cellarman, or another fermentation operator in industries such as dairy, pharmaceutical, or chemical
- Communicate effectively and demonstrate a willingness to ask questions before proceeding with uncertainty
- Demonstrate reliability, punctuality, and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrate responsible and well-informed decision making
Physical & Mental Requirements:
Must have the endurance to frequently lift and move 10-50 pounds, stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, do-a-barrel-roll, bend, talk, hear, see, and operate controls in operational and administrative situations.
Tools & Equipment Used:
Basic tools, membrane filters, PFD panel, fermenters, pumps, steam boiler, scales