Steady Hand Beer Co.
Apply for this Job
Steady Hand Beer Co. is a growing production brewery and taproom located in Atlanta, GA. We are seeking a creative, innovative, team player and leader to join our Team as Head Brewer. We are a production brewery with statewide distribution and a high-volume taproom facility with 24 taps in the west midtown neighborhood of Atlanta. We operate a brewhouse featuring a 30 BBL DME brewing system, a Wild Goose Canning Line, and plenty of space to expand. This is an excellent growth opportunity to get in on an exciting growing company, showcase creative and innovative talents, and leaving a lasting mark in helping take the company to the next level.
Position Description: The Head Brewer is a leadership position responsible for all aspects of day-to-day brewery operations to produce consistent, top-quality beer. He or She will work with the Leadership team to develop exciting and innovative new products from creation to execution. The Head Brewer will be a hands-on position responsible for all brewing functions from raw materials, brewing, cellaring, packaging, lab, QA and QC. In addition to those already with head brewing experience, experienced assistant or shift brewers looking to step into a leadership role are encouraged to apply.
Compensation: $60,000 - $80,000 plus potential equity and profit-sharing opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop new and innovative products with Leadership Team.
- Lead the R&D program and manage the pilot brewhouse schedule for Tasting Room exclusive small batch beers.
- Dedication to increasing brewery output, efficiency, and continuous improvement.
- All aspects of brewing from wort production to cellaring to packaging.
- Lead, manage, and train brewing team.
- Consistently produce core brands for distribution as well as new, seasonal, and experimental brews.
- Recipe formulation.
- Procurement of raw materials and inventory management.
- Management of production volume needs, production schedule, and forecasting.
- Detailed record keeping of all brewing operations and procedures.
- Maintain and create SOPs to ensure that all processes are completed in a consistent, safe, and efficient manner.
- Use of brewery management software and keeping detailed records of quality metrics.
- Care and maintenance of brewing equipment and support systems.
- Oversee brewery safety protocols and compliance measures.
- Ensure brewery equipment and production area is clean, organized, and in good working order to meet quality, sanitation, and safety standards.
- Facilitate collaborations with other breweries and local businesses
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with Leadership Team and Staff.
- Conduct ongoing sensory education for taproom staff and other team members.
- Represent the brewery at industry events.
- 4+ years professional brewing experience in a brewpub or production brewery in the role of assistant brewer or higher.
- Diverse portfolio of recipes both brewed and conceptual.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment.
- Experience with QC/QA
- Experience guiding tastings for staff and/or customers
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor's degree or degree/certificate in brewing science desirable, but not required.
- Forklift certified or previous forklift certification
- Flexible with work schedule
- Ability to complete a variety of physical tasks that may include balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, twisting, and repetitive motion.
- Ability to lift 55 pounds repeatedly as well as maneuver filled kegs (150+ pounds)
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Ability to work on a lift and or ladder at heights 10-13’ above floor level
- Ability to work in noisy, hot, cold, and wet environments
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Equity, Bonus, and Profit Sharing potential
- Benefits package including health insurance, PTO, staff discounts.
- Potential for relocation support
- This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
- Steady Hand Beer Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Compensation & Benefits