Assistant General Manager
Talea Beer Co.
Apply for this Job
TALEA’s brewery and taproom in Williamsburg, Brooklyn opened in March 2021. Our hospitality-focused experience showcases our signature low-bitterness, fruit-forward beers, boasts unique beer cocktails, and features a small, unique food program, all with a focus on tours & tastings. With our 20 barrel brew house and pilot system, we will continue to brew and release crowd favorites as well as experimental small batch beers, all with the mission of creating easy-to-love beers “perhaps to replace that glass of rosé” (Florence Fabricant, The New York Times).
TALEA is looking for an outgoing, hard-working visionary to help bring the company’s mission to life in the taproom. The AGM will oversee operations of the taproom during peak hours, ensuring that guests are satisfied (and become repeat customers!) and that staff are happy, well supported, and safe. Experience managing in fine dining or high volume restaurants is a plus; a passion for craft beer and delighting customers is required.
The AGM will lead the taproom ensuring that service runs smoothly, staff are supported across front of house roles, and that every guest leaves wanting to return again soon. They will act as the leader of the front of house staff, managing all employee scheduling, shift planning, and trainings. The AGM will make sure we are fully stocked and ready for service, maintaining inventories across the kitchen, retail area, and beyond. Every guest will feel special at TALEA, but the AGM will review and maintain our reservation system, ensuring that investors and guests celebrating special occasions are given extra attention. As we develop our tour and private event program, the AGM will also help support, staff and oversee those programs.
As a member of the nimble TALEA team, you’ll be joining a growing company in its early stage and work closely with the Head of Operations, Head Brewer, and Co-Founders - be prepared to get your hands dirty! We value autonomy, ambition, grit, and an insatiable desire to exceed expectations. If you’re looking for a fun, fast-paced, challenging opportunity, we’d love to hear from you.
- Foster a positive and inclusive working environment by leading, inspiring and developing a diverse and passionate staff
- Maintain a weekly schedule for all Beer Crew members, including break schedule and section maps
- Review reservations on a daily basis and flag any VIP tables
- Train new and existing Beer Crew members; assist with scheduling guest trainers to increase the Beer Crew’s knowledge and capabilities
- Manage external vendors servicing the taproom (e.g., cleaning crew, dishwasher rep)
- Oversee inventory management for kitchen, coffee, cleaning; re-order supplies as necessary
- Update POS with new and retired products
- Assist with planning, scheduling, and staffing of private events
- Oversee hiring, supervision, development and, when necessary, termination of Beer Crew members
- Manage and respond to online reviews (e.g., Google, Yelp)
- Resolve customers' questions and grievances in a professional manner
- Ensure compliance with state, county and city officials for all health, sanitation, liquor, safety and facility matters
- Maintain a positive outlook and professional behavior under pressure
- Assist in other areas of the business as needed
- Passionate about craft beer, excited about TALEA’s vision, and obsessed with customer satisfaction
- Possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff
- Enthusiastic and comfortable working for an early-stage company in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Leadership and team management abilities
- 1-3 years management experience in fine dining, high volume, or equivalent restaurant preferred or 1-3 years brewery experience including at least 1 year taproom management
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined, you take initiative and work autonomously; you bring creative ideas to the table, help raise revenue and see projects through to completion
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server preferred
- Availability to work within opening hours (e.g. days, evenings, holidays, weekends) starting immediately
This role is a salaried position with competitive pay and benefits, including 50% healthcare coverage
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.