Alaskan Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Starting Wage: $15.86/hr, OT eligible, regular opportunities for reviews and merit-based increases!
Hours: 40hrs/wk, some overtime required as needed to match seasonal production, Day, Swing, Grave shifts
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership, AD&D, Life Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Employee Assistance, group rate Pet Insurance, employment perks, and more!
A Little About Us:
Alaskan Brewing Company is an award-winning craft brewery located in Juneau, Alaska. At Alaskan Brewing, our vision is to be a leader in the Craft Brewing Industry, focused on quality, community, and innovation. Alaskan Brewing Company remains locally owned and operated with the same core group of original investors, plus employee-investors and an employee stock ownership plan. Our core values are ethical, excellence, rooted in Alaska; with a continuing priority of making our workplace safe, fun, challenging, innovative and environmentally proactive.
The Packager’s primary role is to package craft beverages and prepare them for shipment to customers. General responsibilities include:
- Operating packaging equipment safely and efficiently, including setup, cleaning and basic maintenance
- Loading and unloading vans with forklifts and pallet jacks
- Logging and maintaining records
- Cleaning and sanitation of equipment and facility
- Verifying quality of final packaging products
- Operating automated process systems
- Following safety, quality, and operating procedures
Reporting to the Packaging Supervisor, this person works as part of the production team at one of the four main stations of packaging. The assigned station will change to match the production schedule. Skills and abilities needed to be successful in this position include:
- Forklift operation – must be or become certified – will train the right person
- TAPs certified (within 30 days of beginning employment)
- On the job training for heavy equipment operation, hazardous materials handling, and general safety practices in food and manufacturing
- Ability to perform time-sensitive, fast-paced, physically demanding activity
- Ability to stack 40 lbs. cases and lift kegs weighing up to 170 lbs
- Ability to perform repetitive work in a noisy environment
- Ability to lift heavy objects such as boxes of bottles caps or labels
Live. Life. Alaskan. Our Brew Crew have a passion for the outdoors and the Alaskan lifestyle; we are hikers, bikers, wildlife watchers, boaters, anglers, photographers, skiers, snowboarders, rock-climbers, foragers, beach goers, dog-walkers and all-around enthusiasts who enjoy taking our brews out on a good adventure. Juneau is located in the heart of the Tongass National Forest and many of the ingredients we use, like spruce tips and glacial-fed water, are found in our backyard. While Juneau is the state capital, the population is only about 30,000; you can meet new faces and still enjoy a small-town feel. Juneau has its fair share of rainy days, but they seldom dampen the pioneer spirit we all share. From our vibrant summer packed with daylight and tourists, to our slower winters of countless cross country and downhill skiing opportunities, Juneau offers a wide variety of ways to live life Alaskan. Here at Alaskan Brewing Company, we are deeply rooted in our community. Our employee events, volunteer opportunities, and annual fundraisers keep us actively involved locally, nationally and in this exciting industry of ours.