EVENTS SUPPORT - Asheville
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Apply for Job
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a hand-built brewhouse and the odds stacked against him. That passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and launched a beer revolution that's in full force today. Turns out, good beer can do a lot of good, and Sierra Nevada became a cornerstone for both its innovation and its care for the Earth and its people. We're committed to advancing a culture of inclusion and believe diversity in all its forms makes us stronger. We keep pushing boundaries, whether that's in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or in the great outdoors.
Get to Know This Role
If you love craft beer, interacting with people, and want a chance to get more involved in the craft beer industry in your spare time, you should consider joining our Field Marketing Team as a Hopstar (events support staff)! This exciting and fun position provides as-needed support to our Field Marketers in your local vicinity. You will have the opportunity to spend some of your weekdays and weekends working events, connecting with like-minded companies, engaging with local ambassadors and talking all things Sierra Nevada with craft beverage consumers. Hopstars are utilized in a variety of ways - at various cultural events when added support is needed for the team; making product drops to nonprofit partners and ambassadors; developing and maintaining relationships in targeted lifestyle and hobby scenes and adding value / support to the local sales team. Sometimes you will be working an event or task on your own, while other times you will be part of a team. During events like beer fests or music festivals, you will be setting up and tearing down booths (tents, tables and other display materials); setting up and troubleshooting draft systems and jockey boxes; and having lots of customer interaction to educate consumers about our company and beer.This is an hourly, as needed position (per diem), so there will be NO SET SCHEDULE. When we need help in your area, you will come to the rescue! This can range from zero hours a week to 8-10 or more if there is a major event. Work days will vary from mid-week support to weekends working events / festivals.
What You Will Do
* Event set up and tear down of SNBC booth to include, tents, tables, signs and display materials
* Set up, operation and troubleshooting of draft systems and jockey boxes
* Customer interaction to share the Sierra Nevada story and educate on our portfolio of products
* Product coordination and logistics supporting Field Marketing priorities
* The willingness to participate in beer training sessions within the first 90 days of employment is required.
Please Apply if You Have
* Experience in events or beverage alcohol industry preferred
* To be the right fit for this position, you need to be very flexible, great with people and able to work independently.
* You must have the ability to share in-depth knowledge about beer, beer-styles, and Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. to the public during the events.
* DL - Driver's License upon hire required
* TIPS Alcohol Certification within 90 Days required
Additional Requirements to Consider Before Applying
* You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
* Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer background check.
* Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer driver's license check.
Before applying for this role, please review the full job description, including the physical demands and working environment: https://sierranevada.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=2109
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer