Cellar Team Lead
Octopi Brewing / Untitled Art
Apply for this Job
Octopi is looking for a Cellar Team Lead - Located in Waunakee, WI.
Sign-on/relocation bonuses available!
The Cellar Team Lead provides direct oversight and support to the Cellar Team. The Cellar Team Lead reports directly to the Head Brewer. This role requires strong leadership and communication skills and extensive knowledge of fermentation, yeast management, cellar process and operations, process flow, automated cellar equipment and finishing operations. The role is comprised of, but not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Provide daily oversight and direction for the cellar team
- Ensure all paperwork and documentation is complete and accurate
- Provide any needed direction for schedule changes or special circumstances
- Create a detailed shift schedule for all team member
- Must have specific shift times and duties
- Designate responsibilities to complete a comprehensive set of goals beyond daily cellar tasks and processes to include cleaning and sanitation, organization, scheduled maintenance/CIP (ex: DAW skid, line and tank CIPs), prep for upcoming processes to ensure the cellar is highly efficient and can hit the ground running each day, organization of all work spaces
- Ensure all SOPs are created quickly for new processes, up to date, accurate and followed
- Provide shift coverage as needed
- Directly train or designate a trainer for all brewers
- Responsible for the success of the brewers regarding training and SOP adherence
- Provide leadership to the cellar team through your work and attitude
- Coach and develop all team members to build their skill levels and abilities
- Be mindful of and maintain and positive, solution-oriented culture
- Maintain a training matrix for all team members for all cellar processes
- Actively work on process improvement and address concerns from your team, Head Brewer and Brewing Director
- Work with directly with suppliers to troubleshoot issues in the plant as needed with support of HB and BD
- Work directly with clients on process requirements and capabilities as needed with support of HB and BD
- Oversee parts and supplies inventory with HB
- Ensure all storage spaces are clean, organized and maintained
- Work directly with Brewhouse Team Lead to meet scheduling needs, manage tanks and ensure yeast availability
- Work directly with Packaging manager to ensure product flow to the lines meets the schedule
- Manage personnel needs and performance:
- Individual needs of brewers, both internal and external as needed
- Assess performance on an ongoing basis and act to intervene if issues of any sort arise. This should be also be done with the HB’s knowledge. Support in this area is always available from HB, BD and HR as needed.
- Responsible for general condition, organization and cleanliness of all Cellar Team areas
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment and complete duties as assigned by supervisor
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Ability to lift 55lbs and move 165lbs, as needed.
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Basic troubleshooting skills in a brewing/manufacturing setting.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years experience in a brewing environment.
- Degree in Brewing Science/Technology, a plus.
We are looking for an energetic candidate with a positive attitude. You should model teamwork, collaboration, communication, honesty and community. You must believe that your team’s successes are your own achievements. We will train and guide in every process and help you become a well-rounded professional. You will be accountable for every aspect your work. You will be responsible to ensure all your tasks are conducive to a safe working environment.
You will be part of Octopi’s team, both internally and externally, so you must always represent the company in a positive manner.
At Octopi we think of ourselves as a community. We are open, informal and laid back, but also hard working and respectful of others. You should be as well.
Qualified and interested individuals should please submit their letter of intention and resume.
Compensation varies based on experience. Health insurance, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k and other extra perks.
Offers of employment at Octopi are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates, as deemed necessary.