Apply for this Job
Primary responsibility for this position is the accounting and finance operations of Mission Brewery including the preparation of monthly financial reports, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, maintain sufficient accounting records, ensure the accuracy of the company's reported financial results and that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles, cash management, and risk management. This position is also responsible for general ledger accounting, preparing and reporting inventory accounting transactions, documenting and updating procedures, performing alcohol excise tax reporting based on inventory activities, pursuing past-due receivable collection and ensuring timely vendor payments.
Essential Functions and Duties
• Support the company’s Mission, Vision and Values.
• Manage inventory accounting process with the appropriate departments.
• Prepare Federal and State alcohol excise tax reports from inventory records.
• Supervise account receivable collection follow-up for past-due revenue invoices.
• Record and pay accounts payable in a timely manner.
• Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, expense, and other journal entries by compiling and analyzing account information and maintain supporting documentation.
• Manage company payroll function, reporting and compliance.
• Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current processes, recommending changes.
• Drive accounting efficiency improvements through business process enhancements and the use of technology.
• Complete monthly bank reconciliations.
• Prepare monthly financial statements.
• Assist with creating benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
• Assist in preparation of budgets and calculate variances from the budget and reports significant issues to management.
• Perform financial analysis as needed or requested.
• Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
• Manage human resource functions, employee benefits, performance management, demands and conflicts.
• Assist with company contracts, implementation, execution, and compliance.
• Communicate and correct issues internally and externally.
• Provide additional management and administrative support, as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA or CMA is preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible accounting experience with related inventory accounting experience, utilizing the required competencies in a manufacturing organization.
• Experience with full cycle accounting activities.
• Previous experience with Quickbooks and Ekos production/inventory management system is a plus, with a high proficiency in Excel, Word and other Office software.
• Strong working knowledge of accounting principles.
*Salary commensurate with experience