Gulf Coast Distillers
Apply for this Job
Brewer: The brewer operates our 40-barrel brewing systems. Aspects of this system includes milling, mashing, lautering, boiling, hop additions, whirlpool, and wort cooling. In addition, the brewer is responsible for pre- and post cleaning and sanitation of all transfer lines and vessels. The brewer also is responsible for cellar tasks including, but not limited to, yeast pitching, filtration, beer transfers, tank CIPs, various fermentation additions, maintenance of parts and hoses. The brewer is expected to be punctual, self-motivated, and contribute within a teamwork environment
Daily Duties, Functions, Responsibilities
- Work closely with brewing team to achieve desired quality and production targets;
- Complete assigned tasks in accordance with company standard operating procedures and guidelines (SOP).
- Follow all safety procedures.
- Keep accurate inventory and quality management of raw materials and chemicals.
- Periodic handling of hazardous chemicals.
- Keep accurate daily production records per company and Federal Requirements.
- Continually maintain all beer production areas including equipment – (mill room, brewhouse, fermentation, and filtration, spent grain area, bulk grain and grain storage area, as well as all walkways and driveways around or leading too brewhouse and cellar).
- Assist maintenance technicians with equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Follow daily and weekly cleaning schedules to maintain a clean working environment.
- Attend production meetings and contribute to product improvement.
- Operate and monitor electronic and computerized brew systems.
- Represent Guld Coast at beer festivals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Conditions and Nature of Work Contacts
- Involves frequent walking, lifting, and carrying objects weighing 50lbs routinely, occasional lifting of 100-150lbs.
- Frequent use of latches, hand tools, clamps, hoses, etc., requiring manipulative skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Regular contact with production employees and management, as well as periodic, but consistent, customer interaction.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- General knowledge of practices, methods, tools, and equipment used in production and pub-style brewing.
- General knowledge of occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions associated with work.
- Ability to interpret technical bulletins and schematics on equipment related to work.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of two years of brewing experience as assistant brewer or brewer.
- High school diploma.
- Must be 21-years of age.