Half Full Brewery, Inc.
Apply for this Job
WHY HALF FULL?
At Half Full Brewery, what drives us is pretty simple and self-explanatory: our mission is to inspire optimism. At Half Full, we are a mindset-first company that believes that Together We Can make the world a more positive place. Through our name, products, people, and the daily act of building a company that stands for something more, we truly represent the glass half full concept. So, if building a career around building something meaningful matters to you, you’ve arrived at the right place!
Based in Stamford, Connecticut, our brewery operations consists of a 20 bbl brewhouse, we also have 12 fermenters (2 – 7 bbls; 2-20 bbls; 4 - 40 bbls; and 4 - 60bbls), a wild goose 250 4-head filler can line, etc. We are looking for an additional shift brewer to join our two full time brewers. Interested parties should forward a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly on our website.
SHIFT BREWER (FULL TIME)
The Shift Brewer position shares responsibility with two other brewers for brewhouse operations (milling, brewing, maintaining brewhouse equipment) and will assist with cellaring operations (racking, filtering, tank cleaning), and packaging (canning and kegging) for a growing mid-sized brewery. This role reports to the Head of Brewing Operations, and is a full time position.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL:
- Have the ability to work around alcohol without abusing it
- Possess a “can do”, team-first attitude and understand the need to be a self-starter
- Have basic mechanical skills and the ability to operate machinery, including packaging lines and forklifts
- Maintain organization, discipline, and be detail oriented. You should have excellent time management skills and always find ways to meet deadlines.
- Have an infectious enthusiasm and passion for beer, people, and experiences.
THE SHIFT BREWER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Producing wort on our 20bbl system
- Transferring, filtering, and cellaring beer
- Cleaning, maintaining, and sanitizing tanks, equipment, and the brewery itself as necessary
- Monitoring fermentations and running quality checks
- Transferring, filtering, and cellaring beer as needed
- Packaging beer as needed
- Contributing ideas and recipes for both our main system and our 1bbl pilot system
- Maintaining accurate records
- Abiding by safety rules and regulations
- Possessing a willingness to learn, take direction, and work collaboratively
- Serving as a Half Full Brand Ambassador. As a representative of Half Full, you’ll be expected to carry yourself in a professional manner at all times.
OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work at a fast pace and remain on feet for long periods
- Ability to frequently reach out with hands and arms as well as stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds employing traditional lifting methods
- Ability to be frequently exposed to wet conditions and work in extreme cold and heat
- Ability to safely handle chemicals
- Ability to work near moving mechanical parts
- Compensation based on qualifications and experience
- Access to employee discounts on products and merchandise
- Paid vacation and access to employer-sponsored health insurance
There is also the benefit of joining a team with the opportunity to inspire others to lead a passionate lifestyle, build a meaningful and growing company and encourage others to live their life “Half Full”.
Interested in starting a career with Half Full Brewery? Submit your application on our Careers page.