Summit Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Proactive member of the brewing team, assuring quality in the brewery’s operations, specifically in the brewhouse, cellar, and filtration areas. This position reports to the Head Brewer.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND OUTCOMES:
- Work with prescribed cleaning chemicals, based upon established protocol, OSHA, and other regulatory requirements.
- Maintain sanitary standards for the microbial integrity of the products.
- Maintain the operational and aesthetic condition of the facility.
- Operate brewing, cellar, filtration, and sanitation systems according to good manufacturing practice.
- Maintain established quality parameters within the raw material handling, brewing, cellar, and filtration operations.
- Record and verify all required data, within the brewery from brewhouse to bright beer tank operations.
- Submit daily logs for operations control.
- Assist in the maintenance and requirement of raw material and process material inventories.
- Submit relevant engineering work order requests.
- Monitor mechanical and operational integrity of brewing equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance of brewing equipment when directed.
- Complies with OSHA standards and Summit Safety policies and may participate in Summit Safety Committee and/or perform safety related duties related to Brewing Operations.
- Participate in regular Brewers Meetings and proactively contribute ideas and solutions.
- Maintain neat and orderly brewing areas including all floors of the brewhouse, control room, cellars, propagation room, whirlpool room, and all brewing related work areas.
- Adheres to all Summit policies, processes and standards in order to maintain a safe and welcoming work environment for self, co-workers, vendors, and guests.
- Other duties and additional tasks as assigned by the Head Brewer.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Food Science or related scientific field of study required.
- 1-5 years commercial brewing experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated work history that supports production and team-oriented employment.
- Skills in statistical analysis and production software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) required.
- Professional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Able to stand for the length of work shift, up to eight hours
- Able to work in conditions typical of a manufacturing environment (cool, warm, or hot, humid or wet, etc.), and moderate to loud environments.
- Able to frequently push, pull, lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or move objects up to 160 pounds.
- Able to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear.