Two Roads Brewing Company
Apply for Job
The Packaging Manager oversees a continuously operating packaging department. There are four primary unit operations, canning, bottling, variety packaging and kegging. The packaging manager provides leadership for supervisors and technicians and ensures proper staffing and training. The packaging manager ensures that short, medium and long term goals are met. This leader takes care to release the highest possible quality products. The manager creates and is responsible for a safe working environment.
This position reports directly to the General Manager of the brewery. This person collaborates with leaders in Brewing, Quality Assurance, Engineering and Maintenance, and Planning and Logistics.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coworker safety in the packaging area
- Supervise the Packaging Team
- Ensure the packaging area is properly staffed and trained
- Create and adhere to Packaging department budget
- Responsible for raw materials to be on site when needed
- Responsible for highest packaged product quality
- Create a continuous improvement program
- Collaborate with Brewing, Quality Assurance, Planning and Logistics and Engineering and Maintenance
- Guide coworkers through professional development and write performance reviews
- Create KPIs and Goals in alignment with overall company objectives
- Defend and build company culture
- Responsible for the morale of the packaging team
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline of engineering is preferred
- Strong business acumen, detail oriented & analytical mindset
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience with SAP preferred; SQL experience a plus
- Takes ownership and initiative, proactive mentality and approach
- Have understanding of OSHA regulations
- Must have a flexible schedule and ability to work a rotating on-call schedule for after-hour emergency
- Attitude: Positive, team oriented and results driven with a good sense of humor.
Machinery, Tools, Equipment, and PPE
This position may use: Electric Pallet Jack, Mechanical Pallet Jack, Mechanical Tote Lift, Fork Lift, Pocket Knife/Box Cutter, DIN Spanner Wrench, Assorted Wrenches and Screw Drivers, Rubber Mallet, Safety Glasses, Safety-toe, slip-resistant boots, dust mask/respirator, chemical/heat resistant gloves, face shield, bump cap.
While performing the duties of this position, the packaging manager may be exposed to inside and outside environmental conditions, including but not limited to; extreme heat, potential for physical injury, exposure to hot fluids, pressurized vessels and transfer lines, strong odors, chemicals, loud regular noise, extreme heights, and moving machinery. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact HR@tworoadsbrewing.com to discuss your application.