National Account Manager (Pacific Northwest)
Apply for Job
At Deschutes Brewery, we unapologetically make award-winning, damn tasty beer. We take our beer seriously, but not ourselves. We are determined to innovate, challenge the status quo, and be thought leaders at every turn. Our company culture bonds us together and creates conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of core values: Love It or Dump It, One Team One Dream, Blow Our Customers' Minds, Time for Better Is Now, Celebrate, Crafted for Community and Own It! If you are on our team, it means you are part of creating something extraordinary. You're part of Deschutes.
The National Accounts Manager position focuses on delivering sales, distribution, and merchandising goals through the building of partnerships with major national and regional off-premise chains. This position enhances the awareness of Deschutes Brewery products by improving the availability and visibility of company brands in high profile, high volume outlets. This position is based out of the Pacific Northwest (OR/WA).
What You'll Be Doing:
- Develop annual business plan for assigned accounts and identify resources needed to successfully execute the plan.
- Establish relationships and maintain high level of interaction and communication with retail chain buyers and their respective division and district management teams.
- Identify and set distribution objectives within assigned accounts and develop selling story and action plan to successfully close against objectives.
- Partner with Marketing to create and deliver chain specific programs that are consistent with DB overall brand image and awareness and pay a long-term return on the investment required.
- Effectively communicate with the Deschutes Brewery field sales team and distributor network to ensure flawless execution against mandated product authorizations and programs.
- Implement, organize, execute, and evaluate promotions within chains.
- Prepare and present trimester reviews for Deschutes Brewery management highlighting execution against plan and current opportunities and plans.
- Provide leadership on category and channel opportunities.
- Plan and manage resources to address chain account opportunities.
- Conduct retail account staff training as required.
- Analyze internal and external data resources to develop fact-based presentations that support business plans.
- Established connections with key chains within the Grocery, C-Store, Drug, Mass, and Club channels are a definite plus.
- Broad-based knowledge of beverage marketing, sales, and merchandising strategies. Adult beverage sales experience strongly preferred.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You Need for this Position:
- 5+ years' experience selling alcoholic beverages to national and regional off-premise chain accounts.
- Experience in understanding and applying insights garnered from IRI and/or Nielsen.
- Experience working with the following key strategic accounts: Safeway, Albertsons, Fred Meyer, QFC, Plaid Pantry
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Strong written and oral communication, including ability to develop and deliver executive-level presentations.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in getting things accomplished and solving problems with a sense of urgency.
- Conduct daily business in an autonomous fashion while maintaining a good "business sense" in regards to time constraints, financial guidelines, and company ethics.
- Delivers projects and initiatives within budgetary guidelines.
- Industry networking ability (supplier, wholesaler, and retailer)
- Strong computer skills a must, including demonstrated experience with MS Office suite of applications.
- Ability to travel frequently (approximately 50% of the time).
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact HR@deschutesbrewery.com to discuss your application.