Wilson's Orchard & Farm
Apply for this Job
As Assistant Cidermaker, you will work directly with the Head Cidermaker and on the beverage production team to produce alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for the Wilson’s Orchard and Rapid Creek Cidery brands.
This is a full-time position and compensation is based on experience and abilities.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Operational tasks including fermentation management, racking, blending, filtering, carbonation, packaging, cleaning, pressing juice, forklift operation and many more.
- Consistently follow quality controls and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) in production processes.
- Keep work areas clean and sanitary
- Demonstrate high standards of workplace safety
- We are a fast growing company, from time to time you will be expected to perform tasks outside your core areas of responsibility
- Cider, wine or beer making experience
- Great attitude, team player, hard worker
- Ability to both contribute to and lead key projects, tasks and functions
- Able to keep up in a fast moving, high pace production environment
- A passion for beverage production generally and alcohol production specifically
- Be an avid learner, engage and retain training, take-in and retain information quickly, and accept constructive criticism
- Ability to use ERP software on desktop and mobile, as well as a computer for spreadsheets, word documents & emails
- Be able to work for up to 10 hours on your feet and to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 12 hours some days during peak season)
- Experience with recipe development in alcoholic beverages.
- Experience with and understanding of yeast management.
- Ability to operate forklifts.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.