Sleeping Giant Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
This position is responsible for oversight of all brewhouse/ cellar operations and department staff. Experienced brewing managers will be considered. Previous brewing management in a production oriented/ multiple shift environment is required. We are looking for a team mentor and leader.
Include but not limited to:
- Direct management of all brewhouse and cellar staff to include hiring, training oversight, disciplinary action when required and performance reviews.
- Work within and assure Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are followed and revised. Create new documented SOPs as needed.
- Responsible for beverage quality adherence including collecting and documenting operational and QC data as it pertains to product standards.
- Maintenance of recipe updates and assurance the latest brewing or cellar batch documents are being used.
- Overseeing basic routine preventive maintenance execution for brewing staff.
- Trouble shooting and basic repairs of machinery working with Maintenance Dept. to expedite repairs as necessary
- Performs cleaning activities w/ chemicals and cleaning equipment plus manual cleaning
- Ability to operate brewhouse and cellar equipment to provide redundancy for team and bench strength
- Assure maintenance of accurate daily batch records for all brewhouse/ cellar production.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position at a regional or larger sized brewery.
- Brewing certification or commensurate experience working in a production brewery beyond the minimum three years.
- The ability to perform the physical demands of the position including but not limited to:
Lifting to 55 lbs. repeatedly
Maneuvering up to 165 lbs. keg
Working on feet for up to 10 hours (with breaks of course)
Occasionally needing to bend, kneel, and crouch.
Working in a non-temperature-controlled facility in seasonally warm and cool conditions
- Committed to a safe working environment and adherence to company policies and objectives.
- Committed to maintaining cleanliness and workplace organization to meet rigid quality and safety standards.
- Willingness and ability to be forklift operation certified.
- Experience with Orchestrated Beer a big plus.
- Ability to build and maintain a great team and effectively cooperate with other functional areas
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with computers in a manufacturing setting (e.g., electronic settings, HMI’s, basic troubleshooting i.e. (solving for faults/alarms and resetting equipment, etc.).
- Experience with contributing to schedule development in a safe, quality oriented and efficient manner.
- Passion for maintaining machine cleanliness and workplace organization to meet rigid quality and safety standards.
- High attention to detail in operations and documentation.
- Recipe formulation experience within a wide array of beer styles.
- You enjoy production metric analysis and have a constant eye to continual improvement of your team.
Salaried position ($50- $80k), commensurate with experience and qualifications. In addition to competitive base pay, we also offer a strong benefits program that includes:
Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
401k plan with company match
Annual Profit-Sharing Program
About Sleeping Giant Brewing Company:
Founded in 2014, Sleeping Giant Brewing brews and packages beer on a contract basis for a variety of local, regional, and national breweries. SGB produced beers have won a variety of beer competition awards. SGB is committed to growing the brands of our craft beverage partners through high quality, technology, and the committed craftsmanship and professionalism of our employees. Finally, as a Sleeping Giant team member, your performance will be evaluated on these four critical competencies: Quality, Accountability, Teamwork, Customer Service!
(1) We do not pay relocation expenses for this position.
(2) We do not sponsor for this position.
Please submit resume and cover letter with "Head Brewer” in the subject line to email@example.com. This is an immediate job opening with applications being accepted until June 30, 2021. Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Salary $50k- $80k/ year