Taft's Brewing Co. - Cincinnati, Ohio
Apply for this Job
Based in the great state of Ohio, Taft’s Brewing Co. is an award-winning brewery that’s been producing fresh, flavorful beer since 2015. Started as a 3-story Brewpub located in the historic Over-the-Rhine neighborhood of Cincinnati, Taft's has since expanded to a Production Facility (w/pizza kitchen) 10 minutes north of downtown Cincinnati, as well as adding a taproom in the Franklinton neighborhood of Columbus, OH.
Taft's Brewing Co. currently operates two brewhouses: the original 10 barrel, 2-vessel DME at the brewpub, and a 50 barrel, 4-vessel Braukon at the production facility. In addition to the production brewhouse, Taft's also operates an automated Lambrechts kegging line and a Wild Goose filler/seamer with a Switchback cartoner. Draft and canned beer is produced for onsite sales and a semi-regional distribution footprint in Ohio and Kentucky. More info at: http://taftsbeer.com
As a part of our recent production expansion, Taft's is now looking to add to the production team in several key full-time positions, including:
Packaging Operator - Under the direction of the Packaging Manager and Lead Operator, the Packaging Operator executes the daily needs of the packaging department. This position will have a strong commitment to safety and quality.
Production Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working as part of a dedicated team, help produce a high volume of quality beer in a safe and efficient manner.
- Learn, understand, and execute packaging operations according to SOPs, ensuring product conforms to brewery standards.
- Operate packaging machinery following all safety guidelines.
- Perform basic maintenance on machinery; keep workspace clean and organized.
- Communicate any material needs/mechanical issues to Packaging Manager.
- Adheres to established safety and alcohol policies.
- Follows QA/QC protocols and records relevant data; learns and follows new procedures as they are developed.
- Assists with training of Packaging Team members (and other Production Staff where applicable).
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effective and efficient coordination, communication, and collaboration with co-workers
- Cross-training/working in other areas of Taft's Brewing production as needed
- Working when and as needed to achieve production schedule goals (possibility of weekend/2nd shift work)
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner when representing Taft's Brewing Co.
- Possible travel to conferences, beer festivals, etc.
- Operate inside confined spaces
- Ability to regularly lift, push, or pull up to 165 pounds
- Possess the manual dexterity to operate hand tools
- The ability to work near moving parts and machinery
- Execute repetitive motions for long periods when necessary
- Required to stand, crouch, lift, and climb ladders
- Work at height
- Wear appropriate PPE for a given task
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to operate heavy equipment in a safe manner, including but not limited to:
- Power Lifter
- Manual and Power Jacks
- Fork Trucks
- Scissor Lift
- Professional brewery work experience
- Previous beer canning/packaging experience (experience with Wild Goose equipment is a major plus)
- Previous food or general manufacturing experience
- Brewing Education/Certification from a recognized program
- Forklift Certification
- Experience with operating and maintaining assembly line equipment
- This is a full-time position (40+ hours/week)
- Competitive hourly pay, based on experience (overtime eligible)
- Paid Time Off
- 401K with match at one year
- Employer-subsidized Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Beer: post-shift beers, canned beer to-go, growler fills
- Employee gift card (recharged monthly) for taproom purchases of apparel, food, etc.
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit for you, please send a cover letter and your resume to: Ryan@taftsbeer.com
Disclaimer: All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Taft's Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.