Apply for this Job
SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION: The Sales Director is responsible for managing all facets of the Marble Brewery wholesale business in all states in which Marble distributes products and for the professional development and execution of the Marble sales team/direct reports. Inherent in this responsibility is setting and representing the standard of excellence in sales, leadership, management, communication, training, development, and character for the entire organization.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the development and execution of the annual business plans for all distributors
- Drive distributor relationships as the senior-level business, relationship, and communications manager for the brewery
- Conduct regular business reviews with distributor partners to monitor performance against annual, quarterly, monthly goals and develop plans to adapt to current market challenges, opportunities, trends, etc.
- Own and communicate the inventory needs and forecasts of all distributors to senior brewery staff to ensure efficient execution and timely delivery of product releases
- Travel as needed to call on account buyers, attend festivals or other promotional events, conduct samplings, etc., in all states and territories where Marble Products are distributed and for product launches in new territories.
- Oversee development plans and professional growth for all direct reports
- Implement, train, and ensure usage and development of all sales and CRM systems, selling skills and supporting knowledge
- Lead weekly sales meetings to review business results and communicate brewery priorities, standards, goals, objectives, etc.
- Commit to monthly meetings with all direct reports to check in on professional development and personal well-being
- Manage annual performance review process for all direct reports
- Responsible for expense and promotional budget management/approval of all direct reports
- Identify incremental brand and sales growth opportunities within all markets and work with brewery resources and direct reports to develop strategies, goals, accountability, milestones, and action plans to achieve success
- Partner with marketing team on development of retail programming and oversee communication, execution, and accountability of committed plans
- Share National Accounts execution and programming responsibility with sales manager
- Provide recommendations or approvals for all significant marketing, event and sponsorship opportunities
- Partner with CFO on pricing, brand priorities, trade budget and spending recommendations
- Provide monthly business review to Executive Management regarding shipments, depletions, spending against goals and communicate any challenges or concerns with achieving annual business plan
- College degree preferred
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in brewery or distributor sales management
- Must have excellent working knowledge and demonstration of skills related to distributor process, national accounts, achieving results, market analytics, inventory management, market trends, retail execution, forecasting and budgeting
- Proven leadership credentials and results in team management and sales growth over a period of 4+ years
- Demonstrated excellence of verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Exemplify an entrepreneurial spirt and motivate co-workers to adapt a growth mindset
- Working Proficiency with all standard Office Applications- Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Must have a clean driving record.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This is a self-directed position that requires the employee to efficiently accomplish the primary objectives independently and with very little day-to-day supervision. This job does not require set hours and the schedule may vary widely day to day and week to week and includes some travel in addition to evening and weekend work, including festival and special events.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The Sales Director should be able to lift, and be comfortable lifting, cases and kegs of beer, setting up and breaking down festival canopies and folding tables, using a hand truck and lifting heavy objects on a regular basis and standing for extended periods doing repetitive tasks such as serving beer and answering questions about Marble Brewery and its products.
DIRECT REPORTS: Sales Manager, Sales Representatives