Apply for this Job
We are looking for a Maintenance Manager whose primary focus will be on the maintenance and repair of production, packaging, and facility equipment. This business essential role helps everyone at Schilling Cider succeed by literally keeping everything running. The Maintenance Manager also assist with new equipment installations and preventative maintenance and will be familiar with the operation of the equipment and work with production and packaging teams to help improve operations.
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation
- Carry out inspections in the facility to identify and resolve issues
- Maintain electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
- Assist with changeovers and line startups
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities
- Allocate workload and supervise upkeep staff (maintenance tech’ etc.)
- Monitor equipment parts inventory and place orders when necessary
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety policies
- Strong mechanical troubleshooting and wrenching skills.
- Ability to follow maintenance procedures and PMs
- Working knowledge of VFDs, controls, and packaging equipment
- Ability to keep track of and report on activity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with team and vendors
- Demonstrate understanding of electrical control schematics and troubleshoot controls.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Practice safe work habits.
-Programmable Logic Controller programming knowledge is a plus.
-Sanitary welding is a plus
-Highschool or GED
-5+ years in maintenance role in a food or beverage processing environment.
-3+ years working with electrical and controls
About Schilling Cider
Schilling Cider was founded in a garage in 2012. And while the glycol chiller that we run today couldn't even fit in that garage, the same spirit for making bold, flavor forward ciders and always figuring out how to do it better lives on today. Schilling Cider is the second largest cider producer in the US thanks to the team of people who work across the company. That growth has been enabled with the installation of a high-speed canning line capable of 1,200cpm. We're looking to add team members to help care for our equipment and improve processes. While it is no longer in a garage, the same culture and drive are there in what we do today and what we're laying the groundwork for tomorrow.
Schilling Cider exists to Craft world-class beverages to elevate life’s everyday moments. Our values guide the work we do every day and help us create an engaging, fun, and rewarding workplace. Our operation is weekdays.