Berkshire Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Location: Berkshire Brewing Company
South Deerfield, MA
Berkshire Brewing Co. is looking to add to our expanding brewing team! The Brewer candidate must be organized, reliable, and self-motivated. The Brewer is responsible for the execution and monitoring all brewhouse processes during their shift. The Brewer works together with the Head Brewer and other Brewers in all brewery operations, including, but not limited to wort production, cellaring, packaging, planning and scheduling, general cleaning, operation and maintenance of equipment, and maintaining quality assurance and/or control throughout the continuum of brewing processes. This fast paced position requires a detail oriented, high energy multi tasker with a strong work ethic and a team focused positive attitude.
The work is a combination of manual and automated tasks which need constant monitoring and adjustment.
Brewing responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Organization and management of ingredients and associated record keeping
• Stage and mill recipes
• Wort production and transfer
• Management of brewhouse by products
• Adherence to all safety protocols sanitation and process SOPs
• Successful experience in a similar work environment
• 1 - 3 years of experience in a brewing environment, certification from recognized brewing school preferred
• Demonstrate unwavering passion for craft beer and have a "not until the job is done" mindset.
• Ability to work independently, be a self-motivator, think critically and react to change swiftly.
• Ability to work safely in an industrial environment with typical hazards
• Possess a high mechanical aptitude and strong troubleshooting skills
• Multitask and time management skills are required!
• Expert level skills working with automated processes, interface and databases as well as manual brewery operations is strongly desired