Ninkasi Brewing Company
Apply for Job
The Business Analyst works as part of a cross-functional team to analyze industry trends, product life cycles and rates-of-sale, distributor ordering practices and inventory levels, and incorporate these and other inputs into forecasting to inform budgeting and production. This position will be responsible for gathering, organizing, evaluating, and reporting data to increase Ninkasi’s effectiveness in accomplishing goals at all levels of the company, particularly with regard to the company’s sales forecasting and associated supply chain functionality.
In the “gathering and organizing” portion of the role, the Business Analyst will use exceptionally strong quantitative and technical skills to build and update new data systems, tools, and interfaces. In the “evaluating and reporting” portion of the role, the Business Analyst will draw conclusions and form recommendations based on the available data and share those insights in user-friendly terms and formats that specify potential courses of action.
All members of the Ninkasi community are expected to positively contribute to our culture of continuous improvement through intentional focus on the following objectives: Safest Workplace, Zero Waste and Best Customer Experience. At Ninkasi, we take our core values very seriously. All team members are expected to embrace and embody these values each and every day:
- One team
- Quality output in everything we do
- Creative pursuit of mastery
- Integrity in our actions
- Successful integration of work and life
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop stable and secure systems and interfaces to collect, organize, and access data on an ongoing basis from internal data sources, third party subscription services, and industry sources.
- Review specified key performance indicators (KPIs) at predetermined intervals to identify trends, problems areas, and opportunities for improvement.
- Use quantitative data, business acumen, and good judgment to forecast long-term demand and form recommendations that include specific actions and expected, measurable outcomes.
- Present meaningful analysis and recommendations to team leaders in a timely manner and in user-friendly formats.
- Work with team members across all departments in a cooperative, process-oriented approach.
- Lead collaborative, in-depth reviews of Ninkasi’s business processes and outcomes on a continuous basis to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of cross-departmental process improvement programs resulting in increased operational quality, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Support adoption of best practices across the company by developing/selecting tools (algorithms, AI, etc.) to improve forecasting accuracy and planning efficiency.
- Train team members in the use of new tools (software), assist with advanced reporting, and gather and incorporate user feedback into tool development and tool improvement processes.
- Validate existing data tools to ensure the accuracy of existing reporting, to correct existing errors, to implement processes that reduce the likelihood of future errors, and to monitor and maintain the security, stability, and accuracy of data tools on an ongoing basis.
- Develop ad hoc reports as necessary.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems Management, or a related field is required.
- Graduate work or a graduate degree in any of the fields above is preferred.
- 5 or more years of experience in a similar or related field is required.
- Concrete demonstrations (such as a work sample, report, written letter of reference, etc.) that illustrate the quality, depth, or breadth of this experience and its relevance to this position would be highly valued.
- Required Skills:
- Advanced expertise in MS Excel and Access, including fluency in the use of nested functions, reference functions, Power Query, Power Pivot, VBA macro development, forecasting algorithms and AI models.
- Very strong quantitative, analytical, information synthesis and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, able to proactively double check accuracy of own work and catch errors before sharing analysis.
- Ability to work autonomously towards defined goals and to take initiative to identify valuable potential new goals and activities.
- Ability to practice time management and prioritization to achieve progress and meet deadlines on multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team, adapting communication style to work effectively with team members of diverse experiences and skill sets.
- Ability to incorporate timelines for raw materials/production, as well as sales and marketing strategies and timelines, to inform forecasting.
- Flexible and adaptable outlook, able to incorporate new information and directives into plans, interacting in a positive and professional manner under conditions of rapid growth and frequent change.
- Non-required but valued skills:
- Experience with implementation and use of ERP system(s), preferably MS Dynamics / Business Central, as well as MS Power BI.
- Experience analyzing IRI and/or Nielsen data.
- CPG industry experience, particularly alcoholic beverage industry experience.
- MS SQL server development experience.
- Project management and/or software implementation experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to sit for long periods of time, and to operate office equipment (computer, phone, multi-function copier/printer) for up to 8 hours per day. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions within the work environment.
The on-site work environment consists of open/shared office conditions with a moderate noise level, and a manufacturing facility with moderate to loud noise levels. The work environment consists of a campus with multiple buildings; some travel between buildings in all weather conditions may be required. Remote work with occasional travel to Ninkasi headquarters is an option.
Note: This Job Description is neither definitive nor restrictive and may be modified to meet changing needs.