Northern Oregon Market Manager
Ninkasi Brewing Company
Apply for Job
The Northern Oregon Market Manager coordinates functions to obtain sales, secure new retail accounts, service the needs of existing accounts, and facilitate special events throughout Northern Oregon.
All members of the Ninkasi community are expected to positively contribute to our culture of continuous improvement through intentional focus on the following objectives: Safest Workplace, Zero Waste and Best Customer Experience. At Ninkasi, we take our core values very seriously. All team members are expected to embrace and embody these values each and every day:
- One team
- Quality output in everything we do
- Creative pursuit of mastery
- Integrity in our actions
- Successful integration of work and life
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Successfully execute sales campaigns in existing and new accounts with Ninkasi products visiting on- and off-premises customers and working closely with the Regional Manager, our distributor partners in this area, and other potential wholesaler partners.
- Work closely with distribution partners by attending sales meetings, providing product education, participating in work-withs, and relaying orders obtained from accounts in a timely fashion.
- Plan, attend and execute special events and tastings as needed.
- Facilitate product sales on selected items/brands.
- Familiarize established accounts with new products and developments.
- Develop new accounts by cold-calling on prospective new customers and by working with the distributors target list.
- Plan and conduct educational product presentations such as tastings to promote new products or to present new promotional opportunities to customers.
- Keep clear records and report on job activity/performance as needed. This includes, but is not limited to, a weekly report on sales activities, monthly planners and expense reporting.
- Work with accounts to help resolve concerns regarding product delivery and pricing accuracy.
- Remain knowledgeable on competitive products, promotional matters, sales systems, and pricing and marketing policies. Inform management of competitive activity and conditions that would affect company interests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Minimum Qualifications
- Education: 4-year college degree or equivalent in a related field.
- Experience: 2-5 years of demonstrated success in a similar or related field.
- Qualified candidates must be familiar with and reside in the following geographic area: Salem, South Portland, and Northeast Oregon.
- Access to reliable transportation (i.e. car, van or truck) is essential. Employee must also have valid drivers license and appropriate levels of insurance coverage.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and be able to move kegs which weigh roughly 165 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment will vary for this position given the nature of the job duties. Employee will most likely spend ample time in a car, their home office and visiting accounts. The noise levels will vary based on location. This position will also require flexible hours which will sometimes include nights and weekends in a bar or event atmosphere.
Note: This Job Description is neither definitive nor restrictive and may be modified to meet changing needs.