Fire Maker Brewing Co.
Apply for this Job
Fire Maker Brewing Company is a production and taproom brewery in the booming West Midtown, Atlanta, Georgia (also known as the Westside Brewery District). We were recently named the #2 Best New Brewery 2021 in America by USA Today. The Fire in Fire Maker represents the burning passion and ambition we all have in us, that desire to accomplish our goals and dreams. If this sounds like you then keep reading. This position offers a competitive salary, health benefits, paid time off, and more!
The Head Brewer is responsible for the production department and the job will require performing a variety of fundamental tasks befitting a production/taproom brewery, including but not limited to; managing employees, recipe creation, SOP Creation, canning, bottling, kegging, wort production, cellar work, general operations, maintenance duties, and assistance in other departments as needed. This job reports to the CEO.
We operate a 20 bbl two vessel Deutsche brew house and also have a 2.5 bbl pilot system. We can our beer on a Wild Goose Evolution Series with a Ska Depalletizer. Our beers see distribution in the Greater Atlanta area, northern Georgia, Western Georgia, and expanding beyond. Meanwhile, our pilot system enables us to create a wide (and wild) variety of beers and to collaborate with our community for Taproom-only releases.
Job Duties and Expectations:
- Recipe Creation (based on market and taproom needs), and all beverage production.
- Work with staff to develop and maintain lab to ensure high-quality standards for product
- Develop/Maintain Hop Contracts and other supplier contracts and maintain contacts for them.
- Work with a wide variety of vendors to facilitate all production needs.
- Maintenance and preventive maintenance for all brewing equipment
- Ability to travel on occasion to conference and company events (fly, drive, train, etc…)
- Help and advise on some areas of build-out/expansion (if/when we grow)
- Handling all aspects of production: including but not limited to: brewhouse operations, cellar work, packaging, log-upkeep, scheduling, managing employees, training employees, etc…
- Developing and Maintaining SOPs
- Developing/maintaining/enforcing a safety program for the brewery
- Manage/develop a consistent production schedule (and try to avoid unnecessary drastic changes)
- Participate and help with sensory classes
- At times some nights and weekends required outside of production dept (promote brand, beer fests, beer dinners, etc...)
- Willingness to assist and participate in projects and tasks not specifically listed
- Reliable & Punctual. And holds their team to the same standard
- Fantastic and Reliable Communication skills (text, email, phone, etc…)
- Solid knowledge and experience with managing employees
- Ability to brew a wide variety of beverages with extreme attention to quality and consistency. Including but not limited: Beer, Seltzers, other beverages, etc…
- Helping with our spirits and cider program
- Working with other departments and managers to achieve company goals
- Positive Personality and a passion for brewing and working in the beer industry
- Develop/maintain industry contacts, and foster relationships in the local craft beverage industry and beyond
- Coordinate and lead various collaborations to boost industry comradery and Fire Maker brand
- Ability to train all new hires on all aspects of the production department
- Support Fire Maker’s Core Values and Goals.
- Work with CEO and sales team to develop beers for consumer demands/needs
- At times participate in distributor planning meetings
- Good Computer Skills & well versed in Microsoft Office (and all its application) & Ekos Software
- Keeping paper and digital logs of all brewing procedures, operations, recipes, etc… (timely upkeep)
- Ability to ‘lead from the front’ and create/support a collaborative positive culture and environment with your staff (and all employees)
- Help creating marketing material at times. Such as but not limited to providing beer descriptions, tasting notes, etc…
- Having weekly meetings with upper management and coordinate/lead regular meetings with production staff.
- Have reliable transportation to perform all aspects of the job and being punctual to job requirements.
- Ability to operate and use a forklift and train people on it’s use.
- Split time between managing from a desk and the brewery production floor
- 5 years or more in a professional brewing role
- Preferred but not required Formal and documented education in brewing or packaging science, or a degree in Science, Maintenance, Engineering, or a similar field
- An understanding of Lock Out / Tag Out, Confined Space Entry, and other important core safety protocols?
- Keeping the production area and all equipment very clean
- Must be able to perform continuous bending, twisting, stooping, reaching and lifting of moderate to heavy weight material up to 165?lb?And, must be able to work standing for extended periods.
Let’s sum it all up. Fire Maker Brewing Co. is a young but established and growing brewery looking for a dedicated individual with exemplary work ethic and attention to detail who wants to bring their knowledge and collaborative spirit to our team. Come help us grow and lead a wonderful production department. We hold ourselves to high standards, and we hope to find someone with a similar mindset. We like to have fun and keep things light while working hard. If this sounds like you, please apply today.
- Very Competitive Salary (based on experience and education)
- Health Benefits
- Vacation and PTO
- Company Phone Plan
- And of course... Beer!
How to Apply:
Please submit an application below with your cover letter and resume (both required) on our careers website Head Brewer — Fire Maker (firemakerbeer.com)
*No walk-ins and/or phone calls
**Must be at least 21 years of age
***If this posting is still up we are still accepting applications.