General Manager - Maine
Apply for this Job
GENERAL MANAGER - CRAFT COLLECTIVE MAINE
This is a unique opportunity to be the first General Management of Craft Collective’s operation in the state of Maine. You’ll work alongside our founders to continue to build our Maine business. The GM is solely responsible for Craft Collective’s financial success within the region. Our goals are to grow our market share, increase profitability, and launch/develop impactful new brands. As the first person in this role, you will have the unique challenge/opportunity of shaping it. This is a salaried position with bonus, and will require late nights, weekends, travel, and regularly more than 40 hours per week. Reports to President/Co-Founder.
Leadership, Mentoring, Coaching
- Leader of CC Maine team. Responsible for their development and growth.
- Regular supervision and coaching, including one-on-ones, and reviews.
- Foster a culture of: good customer service, enthusiasm for our work, respect, professionalism, and the desire to succeed.
- Maintain performance management systems are in place to promote top performance for all positions
- Ensure yearly goals and KPIs are set for every employee
- Establish individual accountability for region success through clear feedback
- Continue to upgrade talent through coaching and hiring
- Establish and implement pay for performance programs for sales representatives to support sales goals and brand initiatives.
- With President, establish sales goals for CC Maine.
- Maintain strong relationships with key account owners, managers, and buyers.
- Stewardship of regional/national/headquarters chain relationships.
- Identify and work with sales team to engage “whale” new accounts – examples: Hannaford,
- Represent Craft Collective at events like pint nights, trade shows, beer festivals, and supplier visits.
Finance & Administration
- Proficient in trade math – package volume conversion, markups, etc.
- Manage budgets, present monthly P&L to President/CEO.
- Embrace and further Craft Collective’s culture of using data, reporting, and sales technology for decision making.
- In conjunction with President and/or CEO, build the Annual Business Plan for CC Maine in accordance with Craft Collective goals.
- Ensure agreement and cohesion between all marketing and sales plans
- Ensure communication of the ABP to the team.
- Challenge team to improve systems and profitability.
- Conduct regular planning and review of all projects
- Track execution to ensure excellent follow through
- Coordinate with President and Head of Marketing on execution of: brand initiatives, marketing campaigns, new product launches, new brand launches, new brand recruitment, etc. Marketing is a function of the home office, but requires input and oversight from management in other departments, including GM of CC Maine.
- Oversee Maine Logistics Manager and ensure proper coordination with broader Craft Collective logistics.
- Ensure lean/efficient operations.
- Oversee inventory management for Maine; pricing, purchasing, forecasting.
- Responsible for portfolio health in Maine. Assess gaps and opportunities, bring them to the attention of Brand Management team, and develop plans to improve our position.
- Understand and manage regulatory needs for Maine.
- Ultimately responsible for the success of our brands in Maine.
- Be a contributing member of the Craft Collective Management Team.
- Craft beer industry sales experience required.
- 7+ years of craft beer wholesaler experience preferred.
- Must enjoy managing and coaching teams. This is critical to success.
- Must be highly motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study.
- Must be very comfortable with technology.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, email, calendars, and other basic business tools.
- Experience with Encompass a plus.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Driven to win.
- Flexible work style.
- Ability to build a strong network of peers and partners to co-create success.
- Ability to attend events, including night and weekend events.
Competitive pay based on experience including a base salary and bonuses. Industry-leading benefits.
Our industry-leading benefits package includes:
- Customary health care, dental & vision benefits (83.33% covered)
- Company paid-for life/long-term/short-term disability (100% covered)
- $5,000 fertility and family forming benefit via Carrot Fertility
- 401K with 4% company match and profit sharing contributions
- 529 College Savings plan
- Unlimited vacation time (subject to manager approval)
- Paid community time-off up to 16 hours per year
- Charitable matching up to $260 per year
- Personal samples of company products (2 cases per month)
- Monthly vehicle stipend
- Cell phone data plan reimbursement
- Cell phone insurance reimbursement
- Expense account
- Computer provided
ABOUT CRAFT COLLECTIVE:
Craft Collective is a 6-year old independent craft beverage distribution company focused on quality, small, craft producers. We were founded by craft beer enthusiasts, with the goal of improving the distribution environment in New England for breweries and consumers. We maintain ample refrigeration, a fully climate-controlled warehouse, and refrigerated delivery vehicles. Our people represent our brands with enthusiasm and diligently care for our products. We’re honest, accommodating, and committed to helping craft producers succeed. We work with producers like Tributary Brewing, Burlington Beer, Gneiss Brewing., SingleCut, Finback, Four Quarters, Foam, Boochcraft, Luna Bay Booch, and more.
EMPLOYMENT AT CRAFT COLLECTIVE:
Craft Collective is a well-capitalized startup company. We offer competitive pay, terrific benefits, and a craft-beer enthusiast culture. We are dedicated and passionate about this industry. We work hard and will expect the same from you. This position offers the opportunity to become part of a great team of individuals driven to deliver the best quality craft beverages to the finest establishments in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Maine.