Troegs Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Position: Sales Analyst
Job Classification: Full-Time, Year-Round
Reports to:VP of Sales
Benefits: Available Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation – Eligible after satisfactory completion of 90-day Introductory Period; Retirement plan – Eligible after 1 year of service
Location: Hershey, Pennsylvania
Tröegs Brewery is a family-owned company with a perpetually curiosity for making great beer. We look for co-workers who share our uncompromising vision. We value highly-skilled people who can get along with others and maintain a positive working environment.
The Sales Analyst will support the VP of Sales, Regional Sales Managers, Area Sales Managers, and Sales team with data analysis, consumer insights and reporting and tracking mechanisms. This position will be primarily responsible for developing weekly, monthly & quarterly line of sight tools that are specific to the needs of Troegs Brewing Company (TBC), as well as monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts which contribute to Annual Business Plan presentations and execution. The Sales Analyst will lead the effort in identifying and tracking placement opportunities by brand and pack type in all TBC markets.
Daily Duties, Functions, Responsibilities:
- Lead data collection efforts for all aspects of the TBC sales department.
- Analyze data retrieved from several data sources, including VIP, IRI, InfoSource and other sources. Assist Sales Management in development of and conducting training modules for these tools as well as other data analysis capabilities.
- Provide data and insight for market/distributor specific opportunities. Develop and distribute weekly and bi-monthly line of sight progress reports to sales managers and reps.
- Support the Annual Business Plan process by identifying key trends, suggested areas of focus and potential results.
- Identify tactical sales opportunities using data and assist with developing executable plans to improve performance.
- Develop powerful sales metrics and trends for Sales Team to present at monthly internal sales meetings, distributor/retailer meetings, key accounts and annual business plan follow-up meetings.
- Project goals and track results for Sales bonus plans.
- Own pricing analysis, development of pricing recommendations and manage pricing changes to help identify actionable opportunities for our sales team.
- Build and maintain sales tools and score cards, including tracking daily rate of sale. Manage wholesaler incentive calendars in order to share forecasting needs with Production.
- Run ad-hoc data analysis to serve the needs of sales, marketing, finance and other internal teams and work with them to construct sustainable systems that put actionable data in front of those who need it, when they need it.
- Help us to understand what has already happened, but also tell us what is likely to happen next by making quantitative projections:
- Track, analyze, and report on various sales metrics; monitor progress towards budget and sales goals and keep management apprised of any issues
- Generate analysis of sales trends, competitive activity, and market intelligence to help develop sales forecasts and the annual budget
Skills and attributes necessary for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree, Finance, Business, or Economics are preferred
- 1-3 years of consumer-packaged goods analysis in a professional business role, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Industry experience preferred.
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel at an advanced level; spreadsheet creation, editing and exporting to other applications, utilizing macros and pivot tables are a required skill.
- Experience with consumer analytics services and CRM systems. VIP, IRI, and LillyPad are preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to be a self-starter who requires minimal guidance.
- A strong attention to detail, be able to prioritize appropriately, and have strong project management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of sales and financial principals.
- The ideal candidate would live in the Hershey-Harrisburg area and work out of the brewery.
- 40 hour minimum work week, with extended hours as required
Troegs Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (gender), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and public assistance. In addition to federal law requirements, Troegs Brewing Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Troegs Brewing Company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment.