von Trapp Brewery - Shift Brewer
von Trapp Brewery
Apply for this Job
The Shift Brewer will play an integral role in the day-to-day operations of the brewery. This position must be proficient in all areas of production brewing including, but not limited to grain handling, yeast management, wort production, brewhouse operations, fermentation, cleaning, and sanitization, as well as troubleshooting and overcoming challenges.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Maintain and operate a 50 bbl. Rolec brewhouse.
• Ensure daily brewing activities are completed in a timely manner.
• Perform CIPs, Quality checks, cell counts, and record all data.
• Maintain an awareness for all raw ingredients necessary for lager production and alert the head brewer as required in order to maintain the brewing schedule.
• Manage inventory for chemicals needed for cleaning and sanitization.
• Assist in the cellar as needed.
• Record production and batch/lot data using log sheets.
• Assist brewery staff troubleshooting and occasional maintenance tasks.
• Identify opportunities for operational improvements.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- High School or Equivalent Required
- BA in a science or food science preferred.
- 5 years in Brewing or related field preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently with limited direction and within a team environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of brewery automation, HMIs, Traditional Lager Brewing techniques a bonus.
- Good attitude, work ethic, and positive approach.
- This position requires the ability to sit/stand/kneel, work on the floor, carry hoses, lift grain bags, carry 50 lbs regularly.
- Noisy work environment with machinery
- Proper handling of chemicals is needed, hot water, steam, pressure, carbon dioxide.
- Fun people