von Trapp Brewery - Cellar Person
von Trapp Brewery
Apply for this Job
This position is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the proper fermentation and lagering of von Trapp Brewing lagers and other beer in the cellar. This includes tank and hose CIP, fermentation tracking through gravity and temperature, cropping tanks, racking, and carbonating beer from the fermenter to bright, carbonating to proper specs and ensuring all quality checks are met along the way.
The cellar person is an integral part of the brewing operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain and operate all aspects of the cellar including the Hopnik, centrifuge, CIP skid, racking and carbonating beer, under safe and sanitary conditions.
- Ensure daily cellaring activities are completed in a timely manner, such as gravities, tank CIPs, carbs, environmental cleaning
- Perform CIPs, Quality checks, and record all data.
- Maintain an awareness for all raw ingredients necessary for lager production and alert the head brewer as required to maintain the brewing schedule.
- Manage inventory for chemicals needed for cleaning and sanitization.
- Crop Tanks, Dry Hops, Cellar Cleaning, Top scrubs.
- Assist in the brewhouse as needed.
- Record temps, pH, and gravity daily on brew log.
- Assist staff troubleshooting and occasional maintenance tasks.
- Identify opportunities for operational improvements.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- High School or Equivalent Required
- BA in a science or food science preferred.
- 5 years in Brewing or related field preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently with limited direction and within a team environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of brewery automation, HMIs, Traditional Lager Brewing techniques a bonus.
- Good attitude, work ethic, and positive approach.
- This position requires the ability to sit/stand/kneel, work on the floor, carry hoses, lift grain bags, carry 50 lbs regularly.
- Noisy work environment with machinery
- Proper handling of chemicals is needed, hot water, steam, pressure, carbon dioxide.
At-Will Employment: Employment with von Trapp Brewing Co. may be terminated by either von Trapp or the employee at any time with or without cause or notice.