Uinta Brewing Company
Apply for Job
JOB DESCRIPTION – MAINTENANCE MANAGER
- Department: Maintenance
- Reports to: Director of Plant Operations
- FLSA Status: Salary, Exempt
- Direct Reports: 4
As an expert in maintaining the brewery equipment, the Maintenance Manager will be responsible for ensuring the operation of machinery, electrical equipment, electromechanical equipment, electrical controls, and mechanical equipment in the brew house and on the packaging line is functional and efficient. Responsibilities will include preventative maintenance, removing defective parts, troubleshooting malfunctions and following all operation manuals to minimize downtime.
The Maintenance Manager provides direct leadership and has responsibility for the performance evaluation of other individuals. This position sets the direction and objectives for the packaging process. The Maintenance Manager manages supervisors and leads, offering leadership coaching and expertise. This position requires functional or operational expertise and offers direction on proactively anticipating and planning for production needs. This position leads the interview and performance review process. The expectation in this role is to influence and lead process improvement. Must be able to work in a fast-paced production assembly environment, be quality conscious, operate safely and have good communication skills. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to be involved in a fast-growing, quality-focused brewing and packaging company with an aggressive expansion plan. We are building a team of qualified, professional, hard-working people with positive attitudes and a focus on creating a great workplace.
- Ensure operation of machinery, mechanical equipment, and electrical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on motors, controls, pneumatics, conveyor systems and production machines.
- Oversee and influence the entire packaging process.
- Lead the development of the packaging department – develop and motivate the team.
- Drive continual improvement - actively anticipate needs and troubleshoot potential problems before they arise.
- Anticipate and plan for changes in customer needs, new technology, and industry conditions.
- Work on assignments that are complex in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required and where judgment is required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
- Recognized as expert in the areas to which assigned and supervises the activities of group or team. Provide clear objectives to team.
- Coordinate with the operations and scheduling manager when changes arise.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Lead working interview process with new maintenance team candidates.
- Additional duties as assigned in various functions of the brewery as needed.
- Applicant must be 21 or over to apply.
- Must have knowledge of equipment maintenance and ability to understand technical issues.
- Must have hand tools, socket and wrench sets both metric and SAE, as well as other commonly used hand and electric tools.
- Experience in manufacturing/warehouse environment.
- Allen Bradley Rockwell Logix 500 and 5000 knowledge and certifications expertise.
- Understanding of electrical controls automation.
- Electrical and PLC programming skills.
- Electromechanical, plumbing, boiler and water system skills.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Interest in brewing a plus.
- Ability to work rotating, off or weekend shifts, as scheduled to cover production needs.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently according to Uinta’s standards and procedures, including quality and quantity requirements.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Self-motivated while also willing to ask questions and seek direction.
- Support new ideas and help implement them.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to lift up 75-100 pounds. Ability to crouch, bend, twist and stand for extended periods of time in a warehouse environment.
- Organization skills including attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills.
- Simple math and ability to complete forms and write instructions.
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Food Safety standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Problem-Solving & Analysis
- Ability to review, analyze, and synthesize complex information in order to make it more easily understood and recommend a specific course of action.
- Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
- Demonstrate ability to quickly discern customers’ needs and core values.
- People Management
- Builds trusting relationships with direct reports.
- Acts as a mentor to team members.
- Defines roles and responsibilities, motivates and challenges employees, delegates effectively, appraises performance, rewards contributions, manages collaboratively, disciplines appropriately.
- Trains and develops a high performing workforce and provides an environment conducive to achievement and growth.
- Managing for Results
- Sets challenging and productive goals for team and keeps team accountable for actions.
- Provides leadership and motivation.
- Advocates for resources and support.
- Uses checkpoints and data to track progress and sets up systems and processes to measure results.
- Managing Technology
- Has an awareness of latest technologies.
- Researches and adopts effective technologies that improve the bottom line.
- Works well with tech resources.
- Guides individuals or groups toward achieving results and business goals.
- Develops strong, trusting relationships with team members.
- Motivates, encourages, and inspires people to give their best, is a role model, and develops others around them.
- Leads through change and adversity, makes the tough call when needed, builds consensus when appropriate.