Apply for Job
About the role:
This position is designed to develop a valued technical expert who can deliver quality work on a consistent basis in a fast-paced environment and actively growing brewery.
- Diligent when working independently
- Cooperative and supportive when working with your team
- A thorough, professional and consistent communicator
- Willing, helpful, sincere, reserved
On the job, you excel at...
- Understanding rules and regulations
- Having specific knowledge of the job
- Minimizing errors
- Achieving goals consistently and efficiently
- Working thoroughly, leaving nothing to chance
You are skilled at...
- Brew house operation and the brewing process
- Recipe development
- SOP’s of all aspects of the brewing process to create batch to batch consistency
- Detailed record keeping of the brewed batches to continually improve product quality and processes
- Being mindful of safety (lifting, chemicals, hot liquids and hardware, inhalation hazards, noise)
- Driving a forklift
- Sensory analysis to maintain quality control
You know how to...
- Execute a brew day from start to finish
- Conduct basic quality procedures such as pH, gravity, and temperature measurements and associated record keeping
- Caustic CIP of Fermenters, Brite Tanks, and Brewhouses
- Complete tank breakdown and inspection as part of cleaning
- Tank purging
- Transferring beers
- Cold-side ingredient addition
- Yeast propagation, feeding, and cell counts
- Fermentation monitoring and documentation
- Raw materials monitoring, handling, and record keeping
During a work week, you will regularly...
- Split time between brewing and cellaring related to both our 2-vessel 20 barrel Sprinkman system and 3.5 barrel pilot brewhouse
- Monitor equipment needs and report to Head Brewer
- Follow up on maintenance requests
- Identify, communicate and solve inconsistencies
- Involves working with potentially dangerous equipment, machinery, exposure to high noise levels, and handling of hazardous materials
- Stands and/or traverses brewery for long periods of time
- Frequently climbs stairs/staircase
- Frequently bends, moves, transports, or lifts 60 pounds, and moves 165 pounds safely.
- Can work in both hot and cold temperatures
While the job environment promotes steady, methodical work output so that processes can be completed on time and error-free, our brewhouse is fast paced. The demands of the job are rapidly changing as we scale production to meet our current market demand. You will actively be asking to inform and build processes and systems, in addition to executing existing SOP’s.
Job knowledge is expected. Ongoing development will be through hands-on training and support from management and peers.
About Brew Gentlemen:
Run by a small team with a devoted attention to detail, Brew Gentlemen is recognized as a leading brewery both locally and nationally. Brew Gentlemen brews soft, balanced beers, creates meaningful experiences, and contributes to the revitalization of Braddock.
Founded by two college friends who dropped everything to carve their own path in the beer industry, Brew Gentlemen has developed their reputation within the Pittsburgh brewing scene for making soft, balanced beers - best exemplified by their flagship IPA, General Braddock’s.
Based in the historic steel town of Braddock, twenty minutes east of downtown Pittsburgh, along the Monongahela River. Located in a renovated electrical supply storefront and warehouse in the shadow of the still-operating Edgar Thomson Works, the first Bessemer steel plant built by Andrew Carnegie.
Why you should work with us:
BG is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating dignified jobs and cultivating an inclusive workplace. Applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives are encouraged to apply.
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid time off
- Paid family leave
- Health, dental and vision insurance
Employee packages are designed to hire the strongest candidates for each role, which is one way we bring out the A-game in everyone, current and future employees alike
To apply, submit the following form: FILL OUT THIS FORM