pFriem Family Brewers
Apply for this Job
WHO WE ARE
pFriem (pronounced “freem”) artisanal beers are symphonies of flavor and balance, influenced
by the great brewers of Europe, but unmistakably true to our homegrown roots in the Pacific
Northwest. We are guided by a religious commitment to quality and the never-ending pursuit of
innovation. Although they are served humbly, each glass is overflowing with pride and a relentless
aspiration to brew the best beer in the world.
pFriem Family Brewers has experienced incredible growth in the past eight years and has earned
prestigious awards, including being named GABF® 2018 Mid-Size Brewing Company of the Year,
Three-Time Brewery of the Year by the Beer Connoisseur, Best Brewpub Experience by Oregon
Beer Awards, and numerous medals in national and international brewing competitions.
Our team is made up of 60+ multi-talented individuals from Tasting Room to Brewery who are
committed to giving craft beer lovers the best experience possible.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You’ll report to the Marketing Manager and work alongside the team to ensure the brand is united,
consistent, and recognizable across multiple media and channels. You’ll know pFriem’s brand
inside and out and understand what resonates with our audience. We’re relying on you to protect
and grow our brand through creative assets that enhance our consumer’s experience!
SOME OF YOUR MOST IMPORTANT TASKS:
• Design quality creative for marketing & sales and ensure that they are aligned with our target
audiences, promote our brand, and help reach company objectives
• Manage weekly/monthly templated design requests including point of sale, sell sheets, social
media assets, e-mail templates, and power-point presentations
• Support larger brand projects & campaigns by following brand guidelines and agency direction
• Ensure our beer labels are properly formatted, proofed, and digitally packaged
• Work with vendors to trouble shoot potential printing or production issues
• Preflight project files ensuring they adhere to all format, spec and/or process requirements
• Maintain a well-organized artwork & image archive
• Work collaboratively with other departments
MORE ABOUT YOU
As an enthusiastic designer you thrive with variety and understands how your creative talent builds a
stronger brand identity. You’re eager to grow professionally and work with an ever-growing craft beer
YOU ARE INNOVATIVE
You’re naturally drawn to pushing the boundaries on your creative limits and you thrive translating
abstract ideas into visual communication that resonates with our audience. You know your ideas are
welcome and supported by the team and also are thirsty for feedback because it leads to the highest
quality creativity you are capable of.
YOU SEE THE PIECES, AND THE FINISHED PUZZLE
You don’t get too hung up on the micro details, but rather see each design element as part of a larger
experience. You are proud of the thoroughness of your work but also are entuned with the need to meet
deadlines. You don’t let perfectionism keep you from bringing ideas to life.
YOU ARE A JUGGLING MASTER
Your design skillset translates across mediums and applications. You are proficient in
illustration, typography & graphic design. You are comfortable with formatting social media
assets, designing e-mail templates, producing print materials, as well as creating unique
merchandise for our fans & pFriem team to show off. You’re eager to bring your creative
vision to life no matter project.
• BA in Graphic Design (or equivalent experience)
• At least 2 years professional work experience in graphic design
• Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
• Familiar with working in Adobe Premier and Canva
• Balance large project volume while meeting tight deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A love for quality Craft Beer
WHY YOU SHOULD BE PART OF THE PFRIEM TEAM
We are a passionate group who takes our work seriously but ourselves not too seriously. Our
team is made up of highly talented individuals not only in their jobs but also their hobbies
and pursuits of recreation. Whether it’s enjoying shift beers with the crew or experiencing
the Columbia River outdoor scene with co-workers, the pFriem team is warm and
welcoming with a strong bond over beer.
You get to work in one of the most stunning locations in the PNW! pFriem is located at the
Hood River Waterfront park with epic views of the Columbia River Gorge. Mt. Hood is a
short drive from town where you can recreate all year long. You’ll be surrounded by a Gorge
community that thrives with local purveyors and people passionate about the outdoors and
You’ll be paid an industry competitive salary, requiring 40 hours per week. You’ll
also receive a generous beer benefits package, health care insurance, 401(k), and
three weeks paid time-off accrued annually.